QA/Test Automation/2011-03-23

From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

previous meeting | Meetings | next meeting »

Dial in

 # 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 315 (US/INTL)
 # 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 315 (US)
 # #mozmill for backchannel


  • Al, Matt, Geo, Anthony, Aaron, Henrik

Last weeks action Items

Goals Overview

Risky Goals

Project Status

On-demand update tests (Geo/Henrik)

  • Installing on qa-set for full-scale test today
  • Targeting in-production for 3.6.17/3.5.19 releases.

Endurance Tests (Dave/Anthony)

Panorama Tests (Anthony/Al)

  • 3 LANDED, 1 PENDING, 6 IN PROGRESS (with patches), 12 BLOCKED

Redesign Shared Modules (Geo/Henrik)

  • Working on Milestone 2
  • Expect to slowly start phasing in community after MS2.

Shadow web server (Al/Henrik)

  • Server is up.
  • Next steps are:
    • Deploy FTP server
    • Get SSL certs from IT


Mozmill Crowd

  • Version 0.1.2 is available for testing
  • Brian King will preliminary review the add-on once it has been uploaded to AMO
  • We are ready for the testday this Friday


  • Views for Endurance tests are close to land (will be ready on Friday)

On Demand Provisioning (Cloud Automation) (Al/Henrik)

  • No updates from IT. Last word is that server was ordered for PHX colo.

Tests / Shared Modules

General (Henrik)
Broken Tests
  • Still clean on default/mozilla2.0 branch. Experiencing some strange application disconnect failures, which are under investigation.
  • Next task is fixing broken tests for Fx3.6

Automation Scripts / Infrastructure (Henrik)

Personal Status

For the personal status please check the weekly status updates:


Goals and work week

Meeting Notes

  • On demand update
    • Keep daemons up for further testing to make sure everything works
    • Put into separate terminals so they don't conflict with normal testing
  • Shared module refactoring
    • We can work on low hanging fruits once the basic ui and backend code has been landed
    • Handling of windows is the next big item to work on and which will change a bit
    • For the beginning we will only have a few of shared modules

Action items

  • Matt: Invite mrz into the QA staff meeting (possible during the QA workweeks staff meeting?)