QA/Test Automation/2011-04-20

From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

previous meeting | Meetings | next meeting »

Dial in

 # 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 315 (US/INTL)
 # 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 315 (US)
 # #mozmill for backchannel


  • Aaron, Geo, Al, Cameron, Matt, Henrik, Dave

Last weeks action Items

  • [DONE] Matt: Invite mrz into the QA staff meeting (possible during the QA workweeks staff meeting?)
    • mrz wasn't able to attend the staff meeting
    • Good conversation with him to let IT understand our needs for the infrastructure
    • zandr is the contact for IT related actions

Goals Overview

Risky Goals

Project Status

Redesign Shared Modules (Geo/Henrik)

  • Henrik: Working on window wrapper and handler. Want to finish it by next week
  • Removed 3rd party inheritance class and ported existing code to new classes
  • Doc tags still broken with new classes, need to figure out proper tagging
  • Test porting resumes this week

On-demand update tests (Geo/Henrik)

  • No significant update--still staged on qa-set
  • Need to stage a re-enactment of the last set of update testing to A/B compare results

Endurance Tests (Dave/Anthony)


Mozmill Crowd

  • Planning and scheduling 0.2 release
  • Request for a general icon we can use everywhere from Design team (bug 649450)


  • Started planning for the Elastic Search work
    • Possible candidate for help could be Owen Coutts

On Demand Provisioning (Cloud Automation) (Al/Henrik)

Tests / Shared Modules

General (Henrik)
Broken Tests
  • We are clean again after the check-in of the temporary workaround of the Panorama DTD fallout.

Shadow web server (Al/Henrik)

  • Al generating self-signed SSL cert for web server.
  • Assigned bugs for other certs to MRZ.
  • Talking to Cameron about his need for TCM testing.

Automation Scripts / Infrastructure (Henrik)

  • Working on the download script for daily builds (Nightly, Aurora)

Personal Status

For the personal status please check the weekly status updates:


  • Handling of Mozmill tests in Q2
    • Before the API is ready, we would like to start with tests for the Discovery pane in the Add-ons Manager
      • Krupa already has been started to create tests in Litmus
      • Tests in that area have lesser impact to any API refactoring changes.
    • Once basic new API is ready, Geo would like to have feedback from Waverly folks
    • We will start to built-up the maps and shared modules for the browser window and the add-ons manager tab
    • New tests will be written against the new UI, and exiting tests for the AOM can be ported.
    • Owners will take care of tests in their area for porting (we will not be able to port all existing tests)
  • Need to nail down process for Waverly's involvement in our test porting
    • We'd like to move faster than traditional bug/review process may allow for
    • Since we're not involving arbitrary community initially, can probably afford something closer to an internal workgroup-style process
    • Decision is too big for this meeting, need to schedule a breakout

Meeting Notes

  • Goals
    • Porting of existing tests
      • How many of the tests we want to port over? The current wording implies that we have to port all of them.
      • We should update the number to tests which exercise about 80% of the API
  • Projects
    • Shadow server:
      • Henrik: Should we use the EV cert on AMO?
        • Their web app is slow, especially when new releases happen
        • How much work and costs are implied when we want to have our own cert?

Action items

  • Geo: Work with Anthony to get the on-demand update testing running on qa-set (around 27th)
  • Geo: communicate proposal for patch handling to the group
  • [DONE] Henrik: Update wording for the goal to port existing tests