QA/Test Automation/2011-06-15

From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

previous meeting | Meetings | next meeting »

Dial in

 # 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 315 (US/INTL)
 # 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 315 (US)
 # #mozmill for backchannel


  • Anthony
  • Owen
  • Al
  • Cameron
  • Geo
  • Aaron

Last action items

  • Geo: Send pivotaltracker project link for API refactoring project to team members or add it to the project wiki
  • David: Work with Geo and Anthony to get some first ideas for changes of the review process; we will schedule a meeting once Henrik is back (should happen in June)
  • [DONE] Anthony: Touch base with Geo to fix on-demand daemon issue
  • [DONE] Anthony: Review patch from Henrik tonight for remote tests
  • Anthony: Move SSL tests over to once Al put them up on
  • [DONE] Anthony: Send email today to David Burns, Krupa, Vlad, Alex, Henrik to identify unnecessary tests inside a Litmus test which we have already started to automate. We need this information ASAP. Also make it clear how to handle new tests.
  • [DONE] Henrik: Create necessary dummy patches for remote test-run
  • [DONE] Henrik: Send Cameron the contacts from LibreOffice

Goals Overview

Risky Goals

Project Status

Redesign Shared Modules (Geo/Henrik)

  • Documentation for window handling has been added on wiki
  • As said above, Pivotal Tracker project created.
  • Adding unconditional cleanup (tabs, history) after tests; evaluating bookmark restoration for speed
  • Test porting continues

On-demand release tests (Geo/Henrik)

  • Connection refused issue turned out to be Pulse Server failure
  • Revamped scripts to use proper command line options and add clusters so we can set up on multiple systems
  • Will be deploying on qa-set as soon as release noise dies out some, and will be submitting patches to get in mozmill-automation
  • On-demand BFTs will be worked out with Henrik after his return

Endurance Tests (Dave/Anthony)

  • No recent updates


Mozmill Crowd

  • No updates this week


Dashboard 0.4 (Owen)

  • Developing elastic search queries to match user stories
  • Developing front end code in playdoh/js to integrate with these queries
  • Implementing top failures view

Sync Server Load Testing (Owen)

  • Setup load testing environment
  • Wrote basic user creation script
  • Intefaceing with services folk to get a deeper understanding of the sync api

On Demand Provisioning (Cloud Automation) (Al/Henrik)

Tests / Shared Modules

General (Henrik)
Broken Tests
  • No updates -- still green
  • Geo: more breakage in 3.6 than I would have expected. Without knowing history, am unsure if it's an unusual amount.
Softvision (Anthony)
  • No updates -- still working through review process

TCM (Cameron/Rebecca B.)

  • Rebecca has more time than Matt does, along with at least as much interest, so we're switching to have Rebecca be second on this project.
  • Matt B. and Marlena will join the TCM team to help as they have time
  • Cam, Rebecca, Matt and Marlena will meet today at 2:30 to walk through product together
  • Stephen wants his team to help test TCM, so we'll chat more in the work week about that.
  • Still hitting resistance from uTest to fix issues we need. Investigating.
  • Several bug fixes addressed this week.
  • More UI design and impl work happening
  • Rebecca is "Tiger Teaming" to gather user stories specific to:
    • What do Litmus users like that they want to see in TCM?
    • What do Litmus users hate and want to be better in TCM?
    • What isn't in Litmus that we want to include in TCM?

Shadow web server (Al/Henrik)

  • No updates currently.
    • Still waiting for two SSL certificates from IT.

Automation Scripts / Infrastructure (Henrik)

Personal Status

For the personal status please check the weekly status updates:



Meeting Notes

Action items