- 1 Dial in
- 2 Attendees
- 3 Last action items
- 4 Goals Overview
- 5 Risky Goals
- 6 Project Status
- 6.1 Redesign Shared Modules (Geo/Henrik)
- 6.2 On-demand release tests (Geo/Henrik)
- 6.3 Endurance Tests (Dave/Anthony)
- 6.4 Others
- 7 Personal Status
- 8 Roundtable
- 9 Meeting Notes
# 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 315 (US/INTL) # 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 315 (US) # irc.mozilla.org #mozmill for backchannel
- Aaron, Henrik, Anthony, Matt, Cameron, Geo, David, Dave, Matt B.
Last action items
- David: Work with Geo and Anthony to get some first ideas for changes of the review process; we will schedule a meeting once Henrik is back (should happen in June)
- We should have a deeper discussion during our upcoming work week (Henrik)
- Complete the refactoring of the API
- Create the top 5 tests for the discovery pane
- 4 tests now in SR, remainder need revisions
- Window object model changing from a mixin-based model to an inheritance based model. Is in debug now, code will be delivered today.
- Known state implemented for test start/end:
- fresh default bookmarks
- no tab history
- all tabs closed except about:blank.
- Default tabs can be left for test start if desired (probably only for the test that verifies the default tab set).
- Still should add "close all open windows but the original and focus the browser" to known state; will be settled once model change is in.
- Windowing is the last fundamental being worked on. In-content windows (addons manager, notably) still unaddressed, bumped to next quarter.
- Implicit waitFor added on element finding (and is there for window finding as well).
- Test areas and top tests have been triaged and prioritized and added to Pivotal.
On-demand release tests (Geo/Henrik)
- Henrik is working on the final version of the staging script, which will also cover candidate builds and daily builds
- Geo is working on adding BFT kickoff to the daemons, as well as code cleanup per Henrik's code review.
Endurance Tests (Dave/Anthony)
- Flash videos landed on mozqa.com and litmus-data, will target test page and test case writing next quarter
- Waverley to assist next quarter by making a portion of their test development Endurance tests related to the focus area
- Looking to align with MemShrink and Telemetry
- We are about to release Mozmill Crowd 0.1.3 by latest tomorrow (bug 667902)
- Waiting for preliminary review on addons.mozilla.org
- Testday for Mozmill Crowd (and test development) this Friday, July 1st
- Current dashboard installation (Henrik)
- no updates
- New dashboard driven by ES (Owen)
- Link to current Pilot Application
Sync Server Load Testing (Owen)
- Project on hold until we have agreed upon goals with the services team.
On Demand Provisioning (Cloud Automation) (Al/Henrik)
- Vsphere/ESX box is fully operational
- Al is creating reference virtual machines on it from scratch (porting existing VMs is impossible...mostly)
- First post-reference VM will be a squid proxy
- What specific needs do people have here for on demand machines?
- General (Henrik)
- Check-ins since the last meeting
- A couple of broken tests across brances in the last days. It has been caused by Henrik's patch for the Mozmill change in handling 'documentLoaded'. As is turned out today it's a Mozmill bug which blocks the thread execution if the window passed to the controller is null. See 668202 bug 668202.
- Softvision (Anthony)
- 4 Discovery Pane tests in SR, remainder need revisions
- Will focus on Add-ons Manager restart tests next quarter, tacking on Web Apps or a Firefox 8 feature pending feature readiness
TCM (Cameron/Rebecca B.)
- .4 progress hampered a bit by platform instability. We will not make all features by 7/15.
- Negotiating with uTest on process and staffing improvements on their side.
- Hashing out task assignments for Rebecca and Matt B.
- Work on Environment management continuing.
Shadow web server (Al/Henrik)
- SSL will require more IPs for VPS
- Cannot reliably use multiple certs on one IP
- Could use SNI to do this but it requires recompile of both OpenSSL and Apache, which carries its own maintenance and other headaches.
- Getting three more IPs from IT (and Rackspace)
- We are taking over last year's summit book cert and address (https://summitbook.mozilla.org) as its SSL cert expires soon and IT was going to retire it.
- We have the OV and DV certs we asked for (as of this last Friday). These two plus the summitbook and self-signed certs will fill four total IP addresses.
- Cannot reliably use multiple certs on one IP
- Flash test files have been deployed.
- Mozmill Crowd files are being maintained by Henrik.
- What other needs do people have for mozqa.com?
Automation Scripts / Infrastructure (Henrik)
- Download script has been enhanced to also download daily builds of Nightly or Aurora
- We can now even download Nightly builds from project branches - anyone interested in?
For the personal status please check the weekly status updates:
- Changes to our bi-weekly meeting regarding the org changes (Henrik)
- We should setup preliminary pages which describe our new team next week
- We should move the meeting pages below the new team page and call it "QA Automation Services Meeting"
- Review process (Henrik)
- A more detailed discussion should happen during our work week in Cambridge
- We have to find an interim solution to get not stuck in review requests
- If you are not able to react to a review request from Softvision or contributors within one day, you should pass the review to another person
- If there are issues you are running into, spread this information across the team. It takes lesser time to solve it together
- Discovery Pane tests
- Do we want to allow tests to auto-skip themselves? If not we should mark those tests as skipped on default and aurora as long as the dependencies with WebDev are not solved.
- Geo: We have to rethink how we set the goals especially for those with dependencies
- Changes to the meeting
- Matt: We want to cycle through all team members for driving a meeting
- Henrik: Lets create the new wiki page directly after the current meeting when meeting notes and action items have been defined
- Henrik: Everyone has to update the own content as early as possible so others have the chance to read through
- Geo: Lets make the project updates just a read and ask questions part
- Q2 goals
- API (shared modules) refactor
- Geo: We will not be able to finish all the tasks we have set for this goal
- Henrik: Compared to the former quarters we did a huge amount of work this quarter in any way
- Matt: Deliver summary of what has been done
- Test porting
- Matt: Also deliver a summary for this project with tasks finished
- Discovery Pane
- Anthony: Good feeling that we can get it definitely done by end of this week
- Henrik: I will work with Softvision on the final reviews during EU time zones
- Matt: Deliver summary what has been achieved
- Dave: We can call it done
- Matt: We need plans for getting the new investigated metrics implemented
- Geo: on-demand driven updates already rolled out and run perfect
- Geo: currently working on BFT integration with Henrik
- Geo: We will make this goal
- Cam: We successfully completed the design of the new filtering mechanism
- Cam: We gathered user stories. This is ongoing, but we accomplished what we needed for this quarter
- Cam: Buy in was a debulous goal, so this was dropped
- Cam: We released .3 features internally on schedule
- Cam: .4 feature implementation changed scope so that it was to complete 7/15 (after Q2 end)
- However, we also will miss that date, because we were delayed due to Platform instability
- API (shared modules) refactor
- Q3 goals
- Most comments are in the etherpad, see goals section above
- Overall QA goals
- Henrik (mail): Make webapps goal more a goal to a generic test framework instead of Mozmill
- Henrik (mail): We can't rely on Mozmill for e10s. Mozmill 2 will not be e10s ready and no schedule yet for the release
- Matt: We should change the goal to add a good amount of endurance test enhancements
- Team Goals
- Geo: we should measure goals by 50-60% of our time
- Meeting pages have to be put into a new tree onto the wiki
- David will drive the next meeting
- Geo: Deliver summary for API refactoring and test porting project by latest end of this week
- Anthony: Deliver summary for Discover Pane project by latest end of this week
- Henrik: Work with Softvision to ensure that DiscoPane tests will be checked in latest by Friday
- All: Reply to the discussion email about auto-skipping DiscoPane tests
- Matt: update QA overall goals
- Henrik/David: Finalize Q3 goals and get team feedback
- Henrik/David: Work out preliminary wiki pages for QA Automation Services team (incl. meeting page)
- Henrik/David: Come up with the first draft of the team structure and tasks