QA/Test Pilot Test Plan
- Test Pilot Test Plan
Test Pilot is a platform aimed at collecting structured user feedback and log data from Firefox and other Mozilla Labs experiments.
Mozilla QA will be taking a lightweight testing approach to Test Pilot.
- Areas of test coverage
- Installing/Upgrading the extension
- Extension UI points
- Menu Items
- Notification Settings...
- All Your Settings (and it's xul dialog)
- About Test Pilot
- Menu Items
- Verify interfaces for study access.
- studies are present, active and submittable (when appropriate)
- multiple active studies.
- Use instructions at Test Pilot Debug
- Access to various pages linked from the extension or survey
- Verify bug P1/P2 bug fixes a couple times a month
- Unit tests from developers?
- Areas not tested
- data integrity/correctness on server end
- long term regular interaction with Test Pilot tests (this is better left for our community)
- Browser Versions covered
- Firefox 3.6 (primary)
- Firefox next (spot check if time allows)
- Operating systems covered
- 7 (primary)
- XP (spot check if time allows)
- Snow Leopard (10.6) (primary)
- Linux (spot check if time allows)
- We would like QA to give each new version of the Test Pilot Extension itself as well a each new test a quick once over before it is released as a sanity check. We'll be flexible in doing this smoke testing any time in the development cycle for that release.
- Developer - Jono
- QA - Tracy