QA/Youtube Embedded Rewrite
Youtube Embed Rewrite is currently enabled starting with Firefox 46. and it's about using HTML5 for playing embed videos instead of Flash.
Enabling the feature
- Enabled by default in Nightly and Aurora:
- Build from 2016-01-14 bug 769117
Go to about:config
and the value:
- Example page with Youtube embed videos can be found here.
- Another example page with Youtube embed videos can be found here.
- Meta Bug can be found here.
(section currently in work)
- The manual test cases associated to this feature can be found in this google spreadsheet.
- 1240471 - Youtube flash to iframe embed conversion breaks on invalid query string
- 1255918 - Disable YouTube Flash-to-HTML5 embed rewriter in Beta 46 (plugins.rewrite_youtube_embeds = false)
- 1258053 - Consider to be more lenient to "invalid" Youtube flash embed URLs
- 1246088 - Element picker breaks after I try to pick an element in Youtube HTML5 embed object
- All the test cases were executed.
- All the blocker, critical, major bugs have been fixed.
Aurora Sign-off - (2016-01-14)
- [ON TRACK] Aurora 46 - Landed without QA sign-off
- [DONE] Beta 47 (2016-04-20)
- [DONE] RC 47.0 (2016-05-26)