The onboarding of new Council members entails practical training on the tools and processes of the Reps Council. Onboarding is done by the staff members of the Reps Council. Outgoing Council members help through the buddy system.
The process starts from the day after the election results. The new Council members will receive practical training which lasts for 3 weeks and this SOP outlines most of the practical training.
All specific tasks can be found in the Elections Timeline.
- The Council staff appointees will meet in video with new members and explain their responsibilities and tools.
Operation Training meeting agenda
- Discourse Council alias inbox
- Subscribe to governance
- Weekly meetings
- Be on the next one (mandatory)
- What's the Council Chair?
- Each new Council member paired with a council buddy, who will help them understand and navigate the Council responsibilities. The buddy will be one of the outgoing Council members or a former Council member.
- New Council added to Council Alias Discourse Inbox, so that they can understand what happens on that list and have access to older conversations.
- New Council members get permissions for everything they need.
- New Council members can see see how things work and the workflow.
- Buddies will answer any questions new Council members might have and bring them up to speed about ongoing projects.
- Admin adds members on the Community Portal group and revokes permissions of the outgoing members.
- New Council is on-boarded and start to fulfill their role completely.
- At the end of this week former Council is removed from the Discourse Alias.
- New Council gets announced on Reps Blog.