As with everything in life, sometimes, it's just time to throw in the towel and move on or take a leave of absence. Here's a SOP that describes how to leave the Mozilla Reps program or deal with prolonged inactivity. Please choose the case that describes best your situation.
I would like to leave the Mozilla Reps program and want to do that by following Mozilla's best practices.
Case 1 : I am leaving temporarily
A Mozilla Rep can take a break and go on a break from the program up to 3 months by using the Availability feature from portal settings. Simply inform visitors to your profile page that you are busy/unavailable for and make sure to specify for how long you think you'll be unavailable and if other rep is going to replace you (this is important if you are a mentor).
Case 2 : I am leaving permanently
If a Mozilla Rep decides to leave and does NOT expect to return any time soon (more than 3 months), here's the procedure to follow:
- Mail your mentor.
- Mentor will inform Council.
- Council will apply all necessary changes.
Your profile will be moved to Alumni page.
Case 3 : I am leaving reluctantly
In some cases, a Mozilla Rep will want to leave due to a conflict or problem of some sorts related to another Mozilla Rep or an activity related to the Mozilla Reps program.
Before signing off and leaving Mozilla Reps, you're strongly encouraged to speak to your mentor to make sure you've explored all options to resolve the conflict.
If you feel you still aren't getting the support you need, please let the ReMo council know what is missing and what should be improved so as to avoid a similar situation in the future.
Reps Admin Actions
Once a leaving request has been processed by Council, Reps admins will make sure to:
- Set Alumni role on Rep portal profile.
- Revoke bugzilla permissions (mozilla-reps and mozilla-reps-admin if applicable)
- Unsubscribe from reps-general and reps-mentors (if applicable).
- Remove him from the Mozillians NDA group
- Remove from Facebook group.
- Remove the Reps agreement from storage folder.
- Tweet #mozlove message from the Reps twitter account
- Inform the Council the previous steps were completed and ask them to communicate this action with the person affected.
- Coordinate with the current council chair an email of appreciation to the person affected with their Rep certificate attached
Returning to the Program
You are able to return to the program anytime. We will be happy to have you back on the team!
Steps to be taken by Alumni
- File a new Reps Application
- In the field Mozilla contributors who vouch your application please enter your former Reps Mentor
- Hold an orientation call to talk about your goals for the next months, to learn what happened in the program during your absence and plan some warm-up activities
- Finally, the Reps agreement has to be signed and returned again
Steps to be taken by Mentors
- Mentors, please make sure to keep the application bug tidy by following the Orientation SOP
- Remember to undo all the steps mentioned above in Section Reps Admin Actions