October 26, 2011 @ 9am PDT / 12pm EDT
- 650-903-0800 x92 304
- OR: 1-800-707-2533, PIN: 369, 304
Backchannel #buildfaster on irc.mozilla.org
- Discussion of fallout of eliminating PGO builds. It seems some are not 100% happy with this change, though maybe it's possible to remediate this somehow?
- It looks like eliminating PGO builds has reduced our end to end times, but we're still falling short of our magic number of 2 hours. Suggestions on what to do?
- Review the Action Items & Bugs
Action items from last time
- ctalbert to poke I.T. about getting new, faster machines (i.e. not mac minis) to run win/linux tests.
Review [buildfaster:p1] bugs
Review current activities
Review [buildfaster:?] bugs
Actions for next time
- ted to find or file bug on triggering PGO builds manually
- wlach to find better metric for measuring test times that are holding us back (average test times are seriously misleading: we can improve on that metric substantially without getting closer to our goal)
- ted to find someone to work on building universal binaries for macos x in a single pass
- khuey to land pymake patch, catlee to perform further testing of pymake