ReleaseEngineering/How To/Move slaves between pools
- The steps for moving a number of machines from a pool to another require to follow the bellow steps:
- Open bug for RelOps to rename machines in Inventory
- disable the master in Slavealloc: https://secure.pub.build.mozilla.org/slavealloc/ui/#slaves
- Modifying the range of the pool from Buildbotconfig repository ( https://hg/build/buildbot-configs/file/tip/mozilla-tests/production_config.py).
- Deleting the old configs and adding the new one in puppet sysadmin repository (git-internal.mozilla.org/sysadmins/puppet.git) ---- modules/nagios4/manifests/prod/releng/scl3.pp
- Follow the instruction in https://wiki.mozilla.org/ReleaseEngineering:Buildduty:Slave_Management#Adding_a_master after creating slavealloc.csv file to add the new machines in slavealloc
- Re-image all machines so that the changes take place and machines get the new configuration.