Releases/Thunderbird 3.0.1/Post Mortem
Use extension 4401.
- We're looking for:
- How well did new processes introduced go?
- Any problem/pain points?
- Can we reduce time spent or speed up processes?
Leading up to the release (patch landing, code freeze etc)
- A lot went into 3.0.1 and due to Christmas, some of it was late landing and missed code freeze. However longer beta period compensates for that.
- Some build-only stuff landed. Hard to verify.
- Some good fixes for 2.0 upgrades.
- Build automation worked well.
- l10n is a bit brittle.
- Now have script to check locales are all generated & re-fired as necessary.
- Problems with USB over Ethernet for signing. Now fixed. Signing should be much easier.
- Buildbot hangs on reload of configuration (gozer going to talk to John).
- Useful to have builds first thing in the morning.
- Quality very smooth, no major issue.
- Smoketest only on Windows & Mac.
- Mozmill moving forward.
Website (Release Notes, What's New, L10n issues etc)
- Generation for diffs to thunderbirdDetails.class.php should be a standalone script, possibly also integrated and run as part of buildbot release process.
- bug 539936 raised.
Actual Release (Pushing out, updates, etc)
- Filed bug 540394 as a tracker for improving our processes.