- digitarald, dreams, jgraham, maja_zf, mmucci
- Tests now run as tier 2 in treeherder
- Test metadata is recorded in remote/puppeteer-expected.json
- Revive old puppeteer-firefox dashboard? Use test metadata from James' patch above?
- Grab the JSON data from central and break it down by test.
- On TaskCluster we run (almost) all tests, failing and passing (in puppeteer ci tests failing tests disabled, no way to track test status metadata)
- jgraham can help with infrastructure
- digitarald: How do we communicate the MVP scope in terms that are useful to Puppeteer users?
- jgraham: How to know which things don't work and which are expected to work?
- maja_zf: Disable irrelevant tests as out of scope?
- jgraham: But we don't want to imply that we absolutely won't implement something; lose out on early feedback.
- dreams: Narrative of where did we go deep
- Go deep on a few key areas that will be helpful to most users
digitarald: How can Puppeteer tests be improved to help Firefox's productivity
- Test harness is not robust. Lacking errors for failures and timeouts.
- Tests are not isolated well in terms of API usage.
- Should we run CDP tests, and which?
- Do we get more detailed feedback on what's wrong?
- maja_zf: Running them seems impractical since they are spread all over Chromium code base, tightly coupled with Chromium components. Amounts to much more work than just importing a test directory into central.
- maja_zf to update https://github.com/puppeteer/puppeteer/issues/5397 to get deprecation message up
- digitarald: File a bug about the arewepuppeteeryet dashboard (and @ James)
- digitarald: follow up on v3 release and dates