We welcome feedback during this early stage of development.
Do you have an automation project or end-to-end test suite that depends on Chrome DevTools Protocol, either directly or though a client library like Puppeteer or Playwright?
We'd love to learn about the API surface that you use the most:
- Send us your protocol-level logs of your code/tests running against Chrome or Firefox
- Point us to any open-source code you have
- Can I use Puppeteer with Firefox?
- puppeteer and puppeteer-core are able to launch Firefox Nightly as of v2.1.0. This is part of a gradual transition away from puppeteer-firefox. Check the IsFirefoxPuppeteerReady dashboard to see the overall status, and our Milestone overview for the current status.
- What is the difference between puppeteer and puppeteer-firefox?
- puppeteer-firefox is an experimental package from Google. It communicates solely with an outdated Firefox fork and is no longer maintained. It is not compatible with official Firefox releases.
- Can I use Playwright with Firefox?
- Playwright communicates with a different Firefox fork, similarly to the deprecated puppeteer-firefox. The Firefox binary downloaded when installing Playwright is maintained by the Microsoft Playwright team, not Mozilla. In the future, Playwright should be able to interact with official Firefox binaries along the same lines as Puppeteer.
- Is WebDriver support going away?
- No. This work does not impact any existing or potential language bindings from other clients.