Notes from the Mozilla Reps Council meeting on 2014/12/17 02:30:00 PM.
Council Meetings Moving to Weekly
- So we can address the increasing workload/activity. But also recognizing that if workload slows we can opt-out with minimum bi-weekly.
- No meetings over the holidays unless something needs immediate attention.
Mentorship Training #2
- Will be scheduled this week for our second group of mentors. Also invitation will be sent to Mentors list to attend (if wanted for refresh).
- Decision: *For those mentors who are inactive for a period of time, will be asked to attend a mentor training as a mandatory act of reactivation.*
- Discussed our approach to mentorship as a standard , but challenges to that with available mentors.
- Discussion on recommendations based on specific regions. Basically Global Standard + Regional recommendations for Community Health. Ongoing discussion, no decisions.
Vidyo Alternatives or Compliments
- By this we mean - how do we ensure the best possible options for participation. For those not on vidyo can we have volunteers narrate in etherpads and IRC?
- http://blog.humphd.org/video-killed-the-radio-star/ What's a good mix of vidyo and audio?
- [ACTION] Emma to send a question about participation tools to Discourse.
- Asking mentors to activate, or confirm inactivity of Reps
- Heads-up about *Council AMA* in future.
Communicating changes in Mozilla
- Surfacing community questions on this topic
- Requesting better communication to avoid misunderstanding, assumptions etc