« last meeting | index | next meeting »
SeaMonkey Meeting Details
- Time: October 5, 2010, 12:00 UTC
- Location: #seamonkey IRC channel
- 1 Agenda
- 1.1 Action Items
- 1.2 SeaMonkey 2.0.9
- 1.3 SeaMonkey 2.1 Beta 1
- 1.4 Feature List, Planning
- 1.5 SeaMonkey Developer Meeting
- 1.6 Roundtable - Personal Status Updates
- 1.7 Any other business?
- Who's taking minutes? -> Ratty
(who needs to do what that hasn't been recorded in a bug) We should assign people to the open items.
- Get permission from Google to use their geolocation JSON service [KaiRo]. We can still only wait on the Google front right now. Didn't hear anything about open Geolocation service yet. No easy solution in sight.
open blockers (1) blocker requests (0) fixed (30)
- Based on Gecko 22.214.171.124 and in sync with Firefox 3.5.14, target date October 14, see Releases.
- Builds have been created and are available for testing from FTP and on the beta channel.
SeaMonkey 2.1 Beta 1
open blockers (0) blocker requests (2) targeted (2) fixed (86)
- L10n freeze has passed on Friday, code freeze is TODAY.
(Further 2.1 scheduling:)
- Please help updating the New 2.1 Features page as we go.
- Plans for 2.1: 6-8 weeks per milestone, b2 (feature freeze) probably in late October; final to be decided later.
- Unsure how this fits Firefox 4 plans as they are still trying to get to their feature freeze.
- [KaiRo] The one thing I'm mostly unclear about is what to do about PPC. Apparently the builds we are producing are not really working well any more after the platform downgraded PPC from tier-1 to whatever. The newer Firefox "universal builds" are i386/x86_64 instead of PPC/i386, but we don't have the 64bit machines needed to build those. We need a newer SDK for 64bit that only runs on Mac OS X 10.6 and all our machines are currently 10.5. Also see:
- bug 600965 Mac nightly build very very buggy when run on PPC.
- Could we do something like bug 588412? Probably, though we'll need to update our AUS server and put the correct hacks in there for SeaMonkey as well. Unfortunately that doesn't solve that problem of actually shipping PPC/i386 universal builds.
- bug 601919 filed for the AUS change.
- [KaiRo] I hope I can shed some light on getting new build machines today, and if we get this going, I hope we find a way out of this by just converting some 10.5 machines to 10.6.
Feature List, Planning
Bug statistics for last two (full) weeks: 57 new, 31 fixed, 23 triaged.
- Fix rate is good, triage continues to be weak. Should do more there.
- Good further triage targets could come out of looking at the component bug counts, pick yours!
Major wanted/needed features:
Needing help, Unowned, Stalled
- bug 460953 kill-rdf port.
- bug 436794 Enable Mac OS X system address book per default and add UI.
- SM UI needed, unowned, helpwanted.
- bug 449728 Drag tabs between windows.
- bug 477845 Build a standalone (Gecko 2.0) Composer. [kaze]
- kaze is currently job hunting so doesn't have much time to spend on this.
- bug 477840 Backport KompoZer to Composer (Depends on bug 477845).
- kaze has done a ton of work there. We still need to work out some organizational issues. At the moment there is no active interest from MoMo for bringing standalone composer into comm-central. That's something we (KaiRo and kaze) will have to negotiate with the Thunderbird team (dmose).
- bug 523274 Complete new default theme icon set.
- A list of TODO icons is up in the bug.
- bug 526210 Update the icon set for the SeaMonkey Modern Theme.
- Some proposed icons got posted, we should take a look how to get that contribution into the product.
- The rest is unowned so far.
- bug 507841 Port Bug 422814 - Make account configuration quick, easy, and more secure (autoconfig, Quick Account Setup).
- bug 573538 No options for Safe-Mode.
- bug 533908 SeaMonkey Mail: tabs not restored [misak]
- No progress to report.
- bug 569341 Data Manager [KaiRo]
- Landed for 2.1 Beta 1!
- A number of followup bugs are filed for further improvements.
- bug 410613 OpenSearch [KaiRo]
- Landed for 2.1 Beta 1!
- A few followup bugs are filed for further improvements.
- bug 570004 Popup/"doorhanger" notifications [Neil]
- Currently ground work is being done to make the main porting effort easier in bug 595810 (Centralise notifications for ease of conversion to doorhangers).
- bug 467867 [META] Implement Firefox TabBrowser API in Seamonkey [misak]
- At the moment all the more important or useful APIs have been ported. Somebody needs to look at the DevMo documentation to see what's left to port and to file more dependent bugs if necessary.
- bug 566138 Better integration with Windows 7 taskbar
- bug 581526 Add SeaMonkey support for the Windows 7 jump list [mcsmurf]
- bug 576970 Port Sync UI to SeaMonkey trunk [InvisibleSmiley]
- Most of the patches are still to be reviewed; the things I requested reviews for are some of the smallest ones. More reviewers and help on addressing the real issues would be good.
We also should take a look at the other items on 2.1-wanted Also the nominations need triaging.
- We will need to take a close look at Lightning, which is mainly targeting Thunderbird.
- Lightning 1.0 beta 1 is for SM2.0 and TB3.0, 1.0 beta 2 is for TB3.1 (Gecko 1.9.2), 1.0 beta 2 will probably be Gecko 2.0-based.
SeaMonkey Developer Meeting
See wiki page: SeaMonkey Developer Meeting
- Happening on October 23/24, in Vienna.
- Please give feedback if you are coming, if you stay for hacking days, and when you are arriving/leaving.
- Proposals for sessions are very much wanted.
- How many sessions will we do at all and how long should one session be?
- It might be a good idea to go over a proposed session plan on the last IRC meeting before the dev meeting. There happens to be one scheduled on Tuesday the same week.
Roundtable - Personal Status Updates
Status Updates from developers - what are you working on, what's the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).
- bug 585449 [xpcshell] test_askuser.js fails: "ASSERTION: StoreMDNSentFlag failed: 'NS_SUCCEEDED(rv)', file .../mailnews/extensions/mdn/src/nsMsgMdnGenerator.cpp, line 1097".
- bug 599653 xpcshell-tests target should run extensions/mdn test.
- bug 600378 [SeaMonkey] OSX, Perma-Orange in test_GCrace.html.
- bug 601347 crash [@ nsNetscapeProfileMigratorBase::CopyCookies(int)].
- bug 599745 port ui parts of bug 561636 to support invalidformsubmit.
- bug 601069 Some mochitest-browser-chrome tests in suite/ time out.
- bug 601091 Port FillInHTMLTooltip changes from firefox.
- bug 521159 [SeaMonkey 2.1] Port |bug 514327 Detect outdated plugins and offer upgrade path|, needs more investigations on my side.
- bug 598360 [SeaMonkey] mochitest-5: failing test_notifications.html and test_prompt.html due to doorhangers.
- bug 598548 Update and rollout upstream TBPL changes. [Mozilla Messaging]
- bug 599809 mailnews/Makefile points to wrong topsrcdir, using m-c instead of c-c.
- bug 601207 mxr.mozilla.org/comm-central not being updated properly.
- bug 560772 Make use of mozilla::services for comm-central.
- bug 571527 Add pref for auto vs. ask-me addon update.
- bug 597887 mochitests: "Error: useless setTimeout call (missing quotes around argument?)" at "file_bug546995.html : 28".
- bug 599693 Allow developers to run mochitest-1 ... mochitest-5 by simply specifying those as a make target.
- bug 600364 [seamonkey] mochi-browser failures due to indexedDB issues: browser_permissionsPromptAllow.js and others.
- bug 600767 [SeaMonkey] Linux Mochi-1 test_2d.composite.uncovered.image.destination-atop.html failing.
- Working on:
- bug 551545 Placeholder (emptytext) styling on Modern broken by bug 547224[checkin-needed].
- bug 576026 runtests.py.in is an interpolated file and shouldn't be. [checkin-needed]
- bug 594744 Update cache preferences for bug 559942.
- bug 573538 No options for Safe-Mode.
- Usual testing, reviewing and commenting.
- Working on:
- bug 595685 mochitest-chrome: intermittent "TEST-UNEXPECTED-FAIL | .../test_space_key_pauses_resumes.xul | The download was paused, and then resumed to completion". [REOPENED]
- Working on:
- bug 576970 Port Sync UI to SeaMonkey trunk
- Started the process for SeaMonkey 2.0.9, our next regular security update.
- Updated Linux build machines to new gcc 4.5 version and put it into use (bug 599530).
- After Mark switched us to libxul (bug 394502), I clobber SeaMonkey boxes (bug 598546) and updated packaging for SeaMonkey (bug 598644).
- Enabled OOPP for SeaMonkey (bug 545716) and fixed universal builds for this (bug 598916).
- Fixed file names of universal builds (bug 600223).
- Cared that RAM on our Linux machines would be increased to be able to link debug libxul again (bug 598914). Raised a bug on follow-up hiccups and missing minis (bug 599302).
- Addressed review comments and landed Data Manager on SeaMonkey trunk (bug 569341).
- Updated OpenSearch patch and pushed for getting reviews, go them and landed it (bug 410613).
- Backported cleanups from that to Firefox (bug 600244).
- Posted updated WIP patches for search bar (bug 401417) and search suggestions in sidebar (bug 595235).
- Landed patch for sidebar polish with lwthemes (bug 581382).
- Fixed broken "Move Bookmarks" dialog (bug 590714).
- Added more blogs to http://planet.mozilla.de/
- Tested and blogged about JS speed
- Updated German L10n for the upcoming beta.
- More planning for the SeaMonkey Developer Meeting in Vienna.
- More planning for and start of my visit to California and Mozilla HQ.
- As usual, my blog has more detailed status about my work, and Mozilla Status Board Posts also tell about my next planned steps.
- bug 599605 Full update for nightly builds doesn't work, removes xul.dll.
- bug 590575 Deselecting optional components in SeaMonkey installer does not work.
- bug 581526 Add SeaMonkey support for the Windows 7 jump list.
- bug 593683 Small fixes in tabbed browser: also treat about:sessionrestore as initial page.
- bug 583317 Update status bar correctly after tab switching and Add calls to listeners for onUpdateCurrentBrowser. Port of bug 327604 and bug 331938.
- bug 593681 Small fixes to keep sessionstore in sync with FF.
- Working on porting bug 588482 - Restore Session on-demand after startup
- Working on porting bug 586068 - Cascade page loads when restoring and it's followups
- bug 528582 Broken tabbrowser after undo close tab.
- bug 600229 TEST-UNEXPECTED-FAIL | chrome://mochikit/content/browser/suite/common/dataman/tests/browser_dataman_basics.js | Test timed out.
- bug 581307 XPCOMUtils should provide a convenient way to lazily import modules. [has r+]
- bug 581309 Remove unused properties from XPCOMUtils. [has r+]
- bug 595570 Bookmark Sidebar no longer shows the Bookmark title when you hover over a link. [needs landing]
- bug 595810 Centralise notifications for ease of conversion to doorhangers.
- bug 595483 Port duplicateTabIn introduced in bug 448546.
- bug 599833 Add "Paste and Go" to the context menu of the URLbar.
- bug 598977 Add alive ping counter to the blocklist url.
- bug 586947 Places File Bookmark (Ctrl+D) needs improvement badly.
- bug 595738 Warning: assignment to undeclared variable index (in msgHdrViewOverlay.js)
- bug 601435 Move null check into isElementVisible() like Firefox.
- Bug triage, feedback, reviews, and Bug discussions.
- AgitProp and PR in http://forums.mozillazine.org/.
- bug 373457 Document add-ons/extensions manager.
- bug 246405 mail_help.xhtml should be split to several files.
- Patch to split Reading..., Sending..., Creating HTML mail..., Using attachments and Deleting messages.
- Patch to split "Using address books"
- Fixed SeaMonkey (related) bugs:
- bug 534689 Port |Bug 384179 - crash on startup| to SeaMonkey
- bug 545172 --enable-tests on all our Builders by default
- bug 594081 "Check online presence (AOL)" should be removed from address book tools menu
- bug 595394 Error: formatURL: Couldn't find value for key: SIDEBAR_VERSION
- bug 599726 Move abCardViewOverlay.xul from mailnews/ to suite/
- Fixed MailNews Core bugs:
- bug 599743 End-of-life Python 2.4 for build support, in c-c
- bug 601113 Port |Bug 543800 - package chrome style tests into .jar file for local testing| to comm-central
- Fixed Core bugs:
- bug 599567 configure.in: fix YASM detection on Win32 and COMPILE_ENVIRONMENT check on all platforms
- bug 596758 Need to rename 'menu_HelpUpdatesSeparator' to 'updateSeparator'.
- bug 599621 Fix some reminding/missed issues regarding personas and sidebar.
- bug 593944 No icons in alltabs menuitems.
- bug 595978 Update mac readme (no ppc support).
Any other business?