From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

« last meeting | index | next meeting »

SeaMonkey Meeting Details


  • Who's taking minutes? -> Ratty
  • Nominees for Friends of the Fish Tank?
    • I nominate Callek for the tremendous amount of work he's done recently setting up the software on the build machines. — Tonymec 13:30, 2 October 2011 (PDT)
    • - I concur. Ewong

    • Please note A person or entity can't be nominated twice in a row.

Action Items

(who needs to do what that hasn't been recorded in a bug) We should assign people to the open items.



  • IanN to come up with a proposal on any additions/subtractions for the project areas page and send it around council/members.
  • IanN to write the "Friends of the Fish Tank" F.A.Q.


  • We should find a better way of getting nominees for Friends of the Fish Tank.
    • We could put out a call for nominations the week before then, at the time of the meeting notice going out we could include any nominations (We need to come up with a quick FAQ as to what merits a nomination). IanN has put out an email to the members list. InvisibleSmiley came up with some sensible suggestions.
    • We need to advertise such a thing happens even if it is only in the meeting notice.

Release Train

  • Callek is working on getting comm-aurora and comm-beta on MXR (bug 653424).
    • Patch updated. Awaiting review
  • 2.4 final shipped 27 September (along with the channel moves), 2.4.1 shipped 29 September and 2.5b1 shipped 30 September.
  • Target date for 2.5 is around 8th November.

Extensions Compatibility Tracking

  • Addon Compatibility Listings created and maintained by InvisibleSmiley, with help from some community members like DERoss.
    • Recent changes can be found here.
    • [InvisibleSmiley:] The External Sources part is still TODO, help appreciated.
  • Enigmail provides versions for release (AMO) and all branches (Enigmail nightly page)
  • Lightning currently provides versions for the current stable release (AMO), Aurora and trunk (both FTP) and Beta (Calendar Versions page).
  • The latest Firebug is now fully compatible but still not flagged as such on AMO (which seems to depend on automatic tests being set up and run on the Firebug side, see Issue 4430)
    • [InvisibleSmiley] Use Firebug 1.9 pre-releases for 2.4 and later (maybe even earlier SM versions; haven't checked)
  • Besides the above, we should also take a look at other add-ons that are important for our users when they switch to 2.x.
  • InvisibleSmiley created a FAQ Wiki page. Everybody please help update it, so it stays current without needing too much maintenance.
  • KaiRo created a SeaMonkey Features page and sub-pages for all those that are in development.

We need to get the Addon Compatibility page finished and better communicate how to keep Lightning and Enigmail updated since unfortunately the only versions provided on AMO are for the current stable release. People keep coming back reporting that e.g. Lightning stopped working on trunk, Aurora or Beta. But since it contains binary components, Lightning easily breaks if you don't retrieve the matching install file yourself.

We should also add some information on this to the release notes of future betas.

2.x (Last, Current, Next)

2.x Follow-ups and Issues

  • Lost Bookmarks bug 673474 and Cookies bug 673672 on auto-update from 2.0.14 to 2.x.
    • Bookmarks can be re-imported from bookmarks.html.
  • Users are unhappy about various UX and usability issues with the new Data Manager.
    • Ratty proposes that until all the major pain points are addressed, links to the old individual managers be established (probably from the various Data Manager panes).


open tracking (0) tracking requests (0) targeted (0) fixed (26)

  • The New 2.4 Features page has a comprehensive list of features.
  • 2.4.x had ~57,700 ADU yesterday and 2.4.1 has had ~33,600 downloads so far.
    • vs. 22,422 on 2.3, 5,050 on 2.2, 1,679 on 2.1 and 30,925 on 2.0. So, in the last two weeks, ~5k have migrated to 2.3 or above.
  • Also note that yesterday's numbers are somewhat low due to Germany having had a holiday.


  • We need to make sure that anything that landed on comm-beta (for TB) or mozilla-beta (for FF) which affected non-shared code and which fixed regressions will be fixed on our side, too. Please mark bugs we feel *need* to land on a particular train tracking+ or tracking? so that when I go to do a release I can be sure I don't miss anything.
    • We also need to try harder to fix regressions ASAP. Also keep an eye on and prioritize bugs to be ported from FF/TB that land on branches (Aurora, Beta). We need to keep an eye especially on Session Restore, Sync and Tabbrowser.
    • We have to be careful not to break code shared with Thunderbird, otherwise patches might have to be backed out of string frozen repositories.
  • Please help updating the New 2.5 Features page as we go.

Feature List, Planning

Bug statistics for last two (full) weeks: 58 new, 25 fixed, 14 triaged.

  • More new than fixed and triaged together...
    • We need to go through those NEW bugs looking for dupes.
  • Good further triage targets could come out of looking at the component bug counts, pick yours!

IanN wonders when would be a good time to have another bug day. Perhaps in October, once 2.4 is out?

  • Tonymec and IanN wonder if the last time was mid-week or on weekend. Operation Nugzilla happened from May 18th to 20th (Wed to Fri).
  • Tonymec checks his calendar and suggests the last week of October e.g. 26th to 31st or so.
  • Tonymec to start a discussion in the sm-members list regarding the next bug day. We should give potential bug busters as much notice as possible.

Open reviews/flags: 31 review 12 super-review 0 ui-review 7 feedback

Major wanted/needed features:


  • bug 606683 Allow customization of toolbar in Composer and MailNews Composition [IanN].
    • Progressing slowly, still waiting on reviews from TB side. Full customization has to go to (currently 2.6 but could be pushed back further) as it needs work on TB too which is taking a while to get reviews on, plus feedback from kaze.
    • IanN has done as much unpicking of Composer/Mail Compose code as possible in the dependent bugs, so will be reworking his customising patches.
  • de-RDF bug 654864 has been finished and landed on all development branches, including 2.3. Still to do:
    • Neil wanted to follow up on some listener issues
    • for the selection issue, see what the TB guys come up with in bug 669203
  • bug 477845 Build a standalone (Comm-central) Composer. [kaze]
    • kaze has done a bit of work in this bug recently. Building on Windows works. Now supports debug builds on Linux if tests are disabled (--disable-tests). Still a lot to do.
    • IanN will see if he can help get builds working with --enable-tests.

Needing help, Unowned, Stalled

  • Kill-RDF:
    • bug 657607 Port jminta's kill-rdf to SeaMonkey where applicable Part 2 [meta].
    • bug 657604 Remove the RDF global object. [serge]
  • bug 436794 Enable Mac OS X system address book per default and add UI.
    • SM UI needed, unowned, helpwanted.
  • bug 449728 Drag tabs between windows.
  • bug 477840 Backport KompoZer to Composer (Depends on bug 477845).
    • kaze has done a ton of work there. We still need to work out some organizational issues. At the moment there is no active interest from MoMo for bringing standalone composer into comm-central. That's something we (KaiRo and kaze) will have to negotiate with the Thunderbird team (Standard8).
  • bug 507841 Port Bug 422814 - Make account configuration quick, easy, and more secure (autoconfig, Quick Account Setup).
  • bug 533908 SeaMonkey Mail: tabs not restored [misak].
  • bug 523274 Complete new default theme icon set.
  • bug 526210 Update the icon set for the SeaMonkey Modern Theme.
    • bug 548778 New communicator icons (based on Strata theme) for SeaMonkey. Some proposed icons got posted, we should take a look how to get that contribution into the product.
    • The rest is unowned so far.
  • bug 87098 [SeaMonkey] Delete key should delete location bar history list entry.
    • Note: Our location bar history doesn't and can't use autocomplete at all.
  • bug 677484 Individual SeaMonkey components are not properly handled by the Windows 7 taskbar.
  • bug 654009 Reply to list: automatically determine From: address
    • Note: The actual task here is to port bug 45715 "Reply to List" [button/(context) menu item]

Roundtable - Personal Status Updates

Status Updates from developers - what are you working on, what's the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).




  • bug 688357, fix SeaMonkey Windows Build Failure due to Bug 648581.
  • bug 680113 - Select Add-ons dialog lists distribution add-ons as installed by the user
  • bug 687797 - Bring CentOS 5 Linux Slaves up to date based on MoCo puppet configs.
  • bug 680200 - Add fi to Venkman all-locales
  • bug 688682 - Tracking bug for build and release of SeaMonkey 2.4 Final Release
  • bug 688958 - Tracking bug for build and release of SeaMonkey 2.4 MU [Major Update]
  • bug 690041 - Tracking bug for build and release of SeaMonkey 2.4.1 Oilspill
  • bug 688951 - Build/Release SeaMonkey 2.5 Beta 1
  • IT Fixed bug 686771 - Grant Callek access to push to l10n repositories.
  • bug 689152 - Broken feed preview prevents subscribing to any feed
  • bug 691244 - SeaMonkey Idle Slaves don't reboot properly...
  • Upgraded buildbot code on the tools repo fork and buildbotcustom (seamonkey-production branch) which includes rolling in the previously fixed (by me) bug 668724 and doing a followup for that.
  • Created Releases/SeaMonkey2.5 Tracking page, with some handy bug queries.
  • Nominated a new name for SeaMonkey Council, currently waiting on some people to vote, once known, details will be announced.
  • Congratulated ewong on his ability to properly implement a subclass of nsIDeveloper<Edmund>. Something I, Myself, did (nsIDeveloper<Callek>) almost 3 years ago.
  • Created hotfix addon for our Update Cert Issue from Sea < 2.3.1. Once this is approved I will broadcast it more than just meeting.


  • Fixed:
    • bug 513900 - executable permissions for data files (port bug 461322 to SeaMonkey)
  • Checkin-needed:
  • Needs Review:
  • Working On:
    • bug 78357 - Account wizard doesn't have place to enter port info
    • bug 654966 - File > Save As > Templates should not be active for NNTP folders.
    • bug 670561 - show profile path in profile manager.
    • bug 675589 - Group all session restore menu items together.
  • Investigating:
    • bug 13818 - Ability to change the "quoteline"
    • bug 16717 - Disable source folder in Move/Copy/File menus
    • bug 39113 - Show current profile name in preferences (backed out)
    • bug 513900 - executable permissions for data files (port bug 461322 to SeaMonkey)
    • bug 527173 - Spellchecker settings are in the Mail section but the SP is used by all components
    • bug 620324 - Selected multiple mail folders to move, but only one folder gets moved
  • BackBurner:
    • bug 649952 - Port |Bug 609824 - Re-add Bloglines to the feed reader options| to SeaMonkey


  • Usual testing, reviewing and commenting.
  • Fixed:
    • bug 21432 Implement Print Preview and Print Setup / Page Setup as in the browser
    • bug 685345 Stop using abDirTreeOverlay in TB
    • bug 676991 Move toolbar print button to utilityOverlay
    • bug 688970 Fix hiding of print preview menus on OS X
    • bug 690151 Bump Chatzilla compatibility for SeaMonkey 2.7 / Firefox 10.0
    • bug 690153 Bump DOM Inspector compatibility for SeaMonkey 2.7 / Firefox 10.0 / Thunderbird 10.0
    • bug 690160 Bump Venkman compatibility for SeaMonkey 2.7 / Firefox 10.0 / Thunderbird 10.0
    • bug 690326 Simplify venkman-overlay for Thunderbird
    • bug 683315 Update en-GB for Gecko 8.0 (mozilla-aurora)
    • bug 683323 Update en-GB for SeaMonkey 2.5/Thunderbird 8.0 (comm-aurora)
    • bug 689186 Update en-GB for Firefox 8.0 (mozilla-aurora)
    • bug 689200 Update en-GB for Calendar 1.0b8pre (comm-aurora)
    • Test for bug 552782 Outlines: Numbering is wrong
  • Waiting for review on:
    • bug 638643 Remove obsolete EditorToggleParagraphMarks from editor.js
    • bug 691144 Open Containing Folder should preselect the file
  • Waiting for additional review on:
    • bug 680805 Share edit menus between Composer, Plain Text Editor and Messenger Compose
    • bug 688765 Move file menu from editorOverlay to editingOverlay
    • bug 690145 Move CharsetPopupMenu code from editorOverlay to editingOverlay
  • Reviewed and waiting for other work before possible checkin:
    • bug 674942 Mailnews part of cookie code still gets built as MOZ_MAIL_NEWS is not configured correctly
  • Working on:
    • bug 606683 Allow customization of toolbar in Composer and MailNews Composition
    • bug 639690 [META] Re-arrange code between editor and editorOverlay
    • bug 657234 Move pasteQuote and pasteNoFormatting into contentAreaContextOverlay
    • File/Folder selection in windows.
  • To Do:
    • bug 639395 Get cmd_fontSize to reflect current state of selected content / content at caret.
    • Prefs-in-a-tab.


  • Fixed:
    • bug 689123 Add support for Ctrl+A to Message Filters dialog list
    • bug 688950 Update SeaMonkey website for 2.4 Final release
    • bug 684651 Create/Update 2.4 Release Notes
    • bug 690044 Update SeaMonkey website for 2.4.1 Oilspill release
    • bug 688954 Update SeaMonkey website for 2.5 Beta 1 release
    • bug 689039 Fix Save button in Sync generic change dialog (accessing wrong bundle variable)
    • bug 679117 Add View/Apply Theme to MailNews
    • bug 688694 Make Account Settings dialog wider for Windows 7 after bug 660893 Port fix for bug 654402 |"Copies & Folders" page in Account Settings is cut off|
    • bug 689018 Port |bug 656492 - Rename "Sync Key" to "Recovery Key"| and |bug 681402 - Manage Accounts menu has My Sync Key|
    • bug 688281 Port bug 660684
    • bug 687329 Add and use template variable for release date for all release pages
    • bug 687207 Update SeaMonkey website for 2.4 Beta 3 release
  • Working On:
    • bug 665678 Open Add-ons Manager, Data Manager etc. according to Link Behavior preferences (i.e. in a window if the user chose so)
    • bug 688953 Create/Update 2.5 Release Notes
    • review bug 684537 Port bug 626949 |Sync UI: Style generic change dialogs like the setup and Add a Device wizards| to suite
    • track bug 687316 (Remaining) Sync changes to port to Suite



  • Fixed bug 552118 File association icon is set to generic.
  • Working on bug 688615 Wrong reg key used in Installer shell icon handler code.



  • Working on bug 356742 [cocoa] Sheets are offscreen if opened when all windows closed (attached to hiddenwindow).



Fixed bug 686616 "Tabs from other computers" Menu item appears when it isn't supposed to.



  • bug 687317 HTMLIsIndexElement is no longer available (spew when dealing with FAYT bar).
  • bug 689593 Change users of Array.prototype.splice to not rely on non-standard behavior of deleting all elements from |k| onward for |arr.splice(k)|.
  • bug 689963 "Error: nsIClassInfo is not defined" in nsSidebar.js.

Working on:

  • bug 690701 "Save Video As..." should respect the filename set in the Content-Disposition header.
  • bug 690706 Future-proof CrashSubmit against future argument additions.
  • bug 690778 Update nsFeedSniffer.cpp (Port part of bug 589292 Add contentDisposition{Filename} properties to nsIChannel).


  • Bug triage and Bug discussions.
  • End user support and PR in newsgroups and Mozillazine.



  • Fixed Core bugs:
    • bug 661403 fix MOZ_INSTALLER code w.r.t.
  • Fixed other projects bugs:
    • [Calendar] bug 689370 Remove overridden 'MOZ_INSTALLER=' option from, in Calendar


  • Working on:



  • bug 689270 js error when opening the Bookmarks menu without any windows open.


Any other business?

  • Congratulations to ewong on the birth of his first child!
  • Need to review project areas
    • IanN will come up with a proposal on any additions/subtractions for the project areas page and send it around council/members.
  • Extended Support Releases (ESR)
    • At the moment looks like that will be based off either Gecko 8 or 9 so potentially that will be either 2.5 or 2.6 for us. Assuming we have the machines, we will also have an ESR which might help move some of those still on 2.0 up to 2.5/2.6.
    • Our ESR should use the same branch as Firefox ESR so any Security and Stability "extended" fixes for Gecko will be picked up by the SeaMonkey ESR.
  • Another nugzilla day.