SeaMonkey Meeting Details
- Time: 16 October, 2012, 12:00 UTC
- (8am Eastern, 1pm UK, 2pm Central Europe, 8pm Hong Kong)
- Location: #seamonkey IRC channel
- Further Read: Basics
- 1 Agenda
- 1.1 Action Items
- 1.2 Status of the SeaMonkey Buildbot Master and Tree
- 1.3 Release Train
- 1.4 Extensions Compatibility Tracking
- 1.5 2.x (Last, Current, Next)
- 1.6 Feature List, Planning
- 1.7 Good First Bugs
- 1.8 Roundtable - Personal Status Updates
- 1.9 Any other business?
- Who's taking minutes? -> Ratty
- Nominees for Friends of the Fish Tank:
- No nominations wins again.
(who needs to do what that hasn't been recorded in a bug) We should assign people to the open items.
Status of the SeaMonkey Buildbot Master and Tree
- All our machines are now at SCL3 or SCL1.
- The R4 Macs are plugged-in, connected and base-imaged. Waiting on Callek to complete the setup (also see below in the clang section, sea-mini-osx64-1..4).
- The remaining machines on Parallels are the buildmaster (cb-seamonkey-linuxmaster-01) and Linux64 (cb-seamonkey-linux64-01). These need to be migrated to ESX. Specifically:
- sea-vm-linux64-1 will most likely replace cb-seamonkey-linux64-01.
- sea-master1 will replace the current buildmaster.
- bug 740633 set up seamonkey HPs in scl3. Hardware installed and iLO configured. CentOS 6.3 installed. sea-puppet is online. Callek to set the host up as a puppet master.
- Linux builds have been failing because the GTK version installed on the tinderboxen was too old. See bug 795354 on updating the GTK version on the tinderboxen. bug 794285 has lowered the GTK version requirement back to 2.10 for now (also see bug 793634 on this, in the future GTK 2.18 and glib 2.22 will be required).
- Linux 64bit builds are failing (bug 798921) since mozilla-central bug 797671 landed.
- This is due to us having an older binutils package on the machine 184.108.40.206.6-2.
- "SSE4 support in gas and objdump" was added to binutils in 220.127.116.11.6-4.
- This is enabled by default on x86_64 and based off another check for x86, which explains why linux32 is OK.
- We should be able to get Linux 64bit building again (at the cost of some perf) if we define YUV_DISABLE_ASM.
- Windows are now fixed with bug 794351 updating the Windows tinderboxen to a current NSIS version.
- Build SeaMonkey using clang bug 775539. In progress.
- bug 776426 Set up ccache on all MacOSX systems. CCACHE is installed on the MacOSX systems. Buildbot config changes to enable ccache usage have been checked in. Currently waiting to see if this fix sticks.
- bug 791442 Mac trunk build with clang and XCode 4.1 failing. Callek is investigating. Current solution will be to install Mac OS X 10.7 (already done) and all required software on the sea-mini-osx64-1..4 and do buildbot magic to only build on the new macs and test on our "old" ones. There is no solution yet for the machines cb-sea-miniosx64-01..3.
- Localized SeaMonkey central & aurora Linux & Mac builds busted. A fix is in progress in bug 799626.
It's been busy two weeks again with 3 releases including a chemspill. And another one potentially coming up, which would further delay 2.14b1. The benefit would be that the Addressbook fix could ride along.
- 2.13b6 shipped October 5
- 2.13 shipped October 9
- 2.13.1 shipped October 12
Extensions Compatibility Tracking
- See Basics page. Please only list current changes here.
- Addon Compatibility Listings
- Nothing to highlight.
- Our build team (Serge, Callek, ewong) needs to automate DOMI branch selection rather than having to tweak the client.py every 6 weeks. bug 763506
- sgautherie thinks that the current DOMi branches/tags are not suitable for automatic SeaMonkey branch selection.
- Need some traction on this. IanN spoke to Serge at MozCampEU. Serge is waiting for Callek/ewong to agree what needs to happen and to say what is workable or not.
2.x (Last, Current, Next)
- 2.12 had ~87,700 ADU by last Tuesday and 2.12.1 ~138,500 downloads so far.
- Of the released versions, as of last Tuesday, we have 11.2% on 2.0, 3.2% on 2.1-2.3, 4.0% on 2.4-2.6, 6.6% on 2.7-2.9, 2.5% on 2.10, 7.2% on 2.11 and 65.3% on 2.12. So, in the last two weeks, ~0.2k (an additional 0.2% of ADU) have migrated to 2.7 or above.
- Some people cannot upgrade due to system requirements (OS version, processor capabilities etc.). This even more applies to 2.10 which dropped support for Win2k and WinXP without SP2.
- We now have a webpage for latest builds available for "Legacy Platforms" like PPC (bug 759315) but hikerbiker suggests making the Legacy/PPC link more discoverable (Mozillazine post). IanN agrees that the current link is not easily found. InvisibleSmiley said that he didn't want it to be too obvious or highlighted. IanN thinks splitting and renaming Old to Previous isn't a bad idea and moving Unofficial Releases after it. Perhaps merging Contributed builds into it.
- This is now bug 788543 SeaMonkey - PPC Legacy links are not easy to find.
- The point is that the new page lists external projects, i.e. projects we have no control over and where we cannot estimate the level of quality, provide no support etc. InvisibleSmiley really dislikes the idea of exposing any of that more than necessarily. So, if someone puts up a viable suggestion on the corresponding bug and people (read: seamonkey-members) agree that's what should be done, Jens will do it, otherwise not.
- See Basics page for the usual reminders.
- We've had one chemspill (2.13.1) with potentially another one coming up.
- One tracked 2.5 issue still open.
- 2.1 through 2.7 have NOT included the ka (Kartvelian aka Georgian) locale. The last release with ka locale shipped was 2.0.14. The ka l10n maintainer has made some recent updates but;
- Callek thinks we should remove ka, unless we can get commitment from the ka person to actually update things himself instead of dumping tarballs on us and expecting us to check it in for him. Tracked in bug 667147.
- SeaMonkey 2.13 Release Notes
- Fixes in 2.13.1
- Mozilla-central bugs that affect us:
- Note: Please file bugs if you notice any landing on mozilla-central that might break us. Please don't depend on Ratty noticing such landings.
- [RELANDED] bug 769764 move proxy resolution to separate thread and remove sync api. Tracked in:
- MailNews bug 791645 Rewrite calls to synchronous nsIProtocolProxyService::DeprecatedBlockingResolve with Async code before DeprecatedBlockingResolve disappears as well.
- porting bug needed for the packaging changes?
- bug 789546 Convert all JS users of imgICache service to use privacy-aware imgITools API instead. Tracked in:
- bug 792700 Convert all JS users of imgICache service to use privacy-aware imgITools API instead (SeaMonkey part) [IN PROGRESS].
- bug 695399 Remove calls to nsICacheSession::openCacheEntry on the main thread; and bug 737615 Remove use of synchronous cache API from unit tests. Tracked in:
- bug 792735 Remove synchronous calls to nsICacheSession::openCacheEntry in SeaMonkey [IN PROGRESS].
- bug 777292 (nsresult-enum) Make nsresult an enum. Tracked in:
- bug 793468 SeaMonkey build is broken after Bug 777292 (error: invalid conversion from ‘unsigned int’ to ‘nsresult’) [FIXED].
- bug 779473 (nsresult-enum-class) Make nsresult an enum class. Tracked in:
- MailNews bug 801383 Build is failing in comm-central MailNews code since m-c Bug 779473 [IN PROGRESS].
- bug 793634 Force builds to be compatible with gtk 2.18/glib 2.22. Tracked in:
- bug 795354 Migrate SeaMonkey Linux builders to CentOS 6.
- bug 713802 Build with GIO support (and drop GnomeVFS). Tracked in:
- bug 795144 default --disable-gnomeui icon theme support
- porting bug needed for the two configure.in changesets?
- bug 795065 Add privacy status to nsDownload. Tracked in:
- bug 799131 Update calls to saveURL() etc. due to function signature change in Bug 795065 [FIXED] (needs uplift to aurora/beta).
- bug 794602 nsWebBrowserPersist::SaveURIInternal creates a channel out of thin air. Tracked in:
- bug 798685 SeaMonkey build is broken after Bug 794602 [FIXED].
- bug 797671 Update webrtc.org code from stable branch 3.12. Tracked in:
- bug 798921 Assembly errors compiling SeaMonkey for Linux-x86_64: No such instruction: pmulld %xmm6, %xmm0 (webrtc) [IN PROGRESS].
Feature List, Planning
Bug statistics for the last two (full) weeks: 49 new, 23 fixed, 24 triaged.
- Good triaging effort.
- See Feature List page for major wanted/needed features.
Good First Bugs
- Note: The GFB list is open to all including our regular contributors.
- Ratty is working on an updated GFB list, suggestions welcome.
- Currently there are 31 GFBs open, 3 are being actively worked on. 2 are stalled.
- List of Open mentored bugs.
- Ratty notes that there are 24 bugs that are GFBs but without the mentor keyword. These need to be audited to see if they are really suitable as GFBs.
- In the last two weeks since the previous meeting:
- Newcomers are stalled on bug 752331 (Amod) and on bug 791266 (idlike2dream).
- Mentors of stalled bugs should try to communicate with the assignees and if they can't work on them any more to unassign/free up those bugs.
Roundtable - Personal Status Updates
Status Updates from developers - what are you working on, what's the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).
- bug 794351 have nsis 2.46 installed on Win system.
- bug 797261 Add SeaMonkey 2.13 Beta 6 to bouncer.
- bug 798992 Add SeaMonkey 2.13 to bouncer.
- bug 800218 Add SeaMonkey 2.13.1 to bouncer.
- bug 740633 set up seamonkey HPs in scl3 (:dustin and Callek).
- bug 798509 Align VMDKs in community servers.
- bug 798921 Assembly errors compiling SeaMonkey for Linux-x86_64: No such instruction: pmulld %xmm6, %xmm0 (webrtc).
- bug 799626 Localized SeaMonkey central & aurora Linux & Mac builds busted.
- bug 801782 Align VMDKs in ausstage1.community.scl3.
- bug 791442 Mac trunk build with clang and XCode 4.1 failing.
- Did some reviews and approvals.
- Engaged in release engineering and SeaMonkey driver discussions.
- bug 175175 - Add ID to Bookmark Menupopups
- bug 715410 - Port |Bug 352037 - Undo Add To Dictionary| to SeaMonkey
- bug 755758 - Port |Bug 629620 - Copied bookmarks shouldn't inherit all annotations, since they are new entitities| to SeaMonkey
- bug 788091 - Remove cn-sea-qm-centos5-01 from buildbot config.
- bug 788391 - macosx 10.5 builders should not be using tooltool.
- bug 790662 - tab bar grabs focus after switching active tab
- bug 633937 - Port bug 562048 to suite.
- bug 739056 - Port |Bug 715099 - Convert nsProfileMigrator to JS so we can use JS modules on migration| to SeaMonkey
- bug 760942 - install python 'ssl' module on SeaMonkey Windows machines
- bug 774991 - stop support OSX 10.5 in SeaMonkey
- bug 785675 - Port |Bug 748490 - Provide common location for testing modules| to fix multiple perma-oranges.
- bug 791238 - Clean up Output() function in nsSuiteApp.cpp on Windows (Use MultiByteToWideChar instead of NS_ConvertUTF8toUTF16)
- bug 793582 - Cannot open Image Manger via Tools->Image Manager->Manage Image Permissions (regression)
- bug 797410 - Use Components.results instead of hardcoding nsresult values.
- bug 798685 - Port |Bug 794602 - nsWebBrowserPersist::SaveURIInternal creates a channel out of thin air| to SeaMonkey
- Working On:
- Usual testing, reviewing and commenting.
- Waiting for review:
- Checked in pending review:
- bug 774906 Update en-GB for Gecko 16
- bug 777172 Update en-GB for Firefox 16
- bug 778446 Fix late changes to Gecko 15
- bug 778450 Update en-GB for Thunderbird 16
- bug 778485 Update en-GB for SeaMonkey 2.13
- bug 778486 Update en-GB for Calendar/Lightning 1.8
- bug 789683 Update en-GB for Gecko 17
- bug 789684 Update en-GB for Firefox 17
- bug 789686 Update en-GB for Thunderbird 17
- bug 791834 Update en-GB for SeaMonkey 2.14
- bug 791835 Update en-GB for Calendar/Lightning 1.9
- bug 799414 Fix late changes to Gecko 17
- Fixing review comments before checkin:
- Reviewed and waiting for other patches before checkin:
- Reviewed and waiting for feedback from mobile peer:
- bug 689253 Add en-GB locale to Firefox for Android
- Working on:
- Various SM Council documents.
- bug 606683 Allow customization of toolbar in Composer and MailNews Composition
- bug 639690 [META] Re-arrange code between editor and editorOverlay
- bug 773979 [META] Switch to new drag and drop api in SeaMonkey
- bug 657234 Move pasteQuote and pasteNoFormatting into contentAreaContextOverlay
- bug 778534 Use image instead of html:img in instant messaging
- File/Folder selection in windows.
- To Do:
- bug 639395 Get cmd_fontSize to reflect current state of selected content / content at caret.
- Create FAQ for Friends of the Fish Tank.
- Help get composer standalone builds working with --enable-tests.
- bug 801265 Update confvars.sh and configure.in to match the changes in bug 800154 (Refactor how services/ integrates with build system)
- bug 801053 Update SeaMonkey website for 2.13.1
- bug 799220 Update SeaMonkey website for 2.13
- bug 798457 Update SeaMonkey website for 2.13 Beta 6
- bug 786906 Create/Update 2.13 Release Notes
- Working On:
- prepare SM 2.14b1
Did a wallpaper fix for bug 371174 In <ComposerCommands.js>, 3 strict "Warning: redeclaration of property", caused by function redeclarations.
- bug 800096 Override Error Console's new access key.
- bug 792735 Remove synchronous calls to nsICacheSession::openCacheEntry in SeaMonkey.
- bug 797988 [classic] No focus rect on header field buttons in message compose.
- Usual testing, reviewing and commenting. Including:
- bug 789954 TEST-UNEXPECTED-FAIL | /tests/suite/browser/test/test_contextmenu.html | Test timed out. (Port Port bug 778420 Fix up tests that don't like the new enablePrivilege). Fixed, but leaving open for post landing reviews.
- bug 799131 Update calls to saveURL() etc. due to function signature change in bug 795065 (Add privacy status to nsDownload).
- bug 800197 Warning Popup for Failed Find Has Wrong Title Bar.
- bug 801272 Sync default preferences for OSX plugins from Firefox.
- bug 801318 Override the UA string for Moodle to get the rich text editor rather than plain textareas (Port bug 799502).
- bug 792700 Convert all JS users of imgICache service to use privacy-aware imgITools API instead (SeaMonkey part).
- Good first Bugs: See the Good First Bugs section above.
- Tracking mozilla-central bugs that affect SeaMonkey.
- Bug triage and Bug discussions.
- End user support and PR in newsgroups and Mozillazine.
- bug 433254 Implement Mac shell service for SeaMonkey.
- bug 783822 [Mac default] adopt editBMPanel to new light coloring.
- Results of Equinox Bug Event are still only partly complete. Bugzilla reports have been set up, the manual tallying of Who did what? is complete for bugs < 200000; a few higher ones are also included.
Any other business?
- Bug Day:
- Test failures
- qawanted, especially on Linux and MacOSX specific issues: reproducing and reporting would already help.
- Serge says that on Linux and MacOSX, he just needs someone to actually run the tests and report what they see (screen, console, etc). For example, there is a Mac test about Ctrl+W not working. This should be so trivial.
- Tonymec suggests that any enthusiastic user, even non-technical, should be able to do some testing (litmus?) and not be scared by technical language and such.
- IanN suggests reaching out to the user community using the newsgroups and forums.
- Ratty to liaise with Serge when he gets back on doing a write up how the community can help us with this.