SeaMonkey Meeting Details
- Time: 28 October, 2014, 13:00 UTC
- (9am Eastern, 1pm UK, 2pm Central Europe, 9pm Hong Kong)
- NOTE: European Summer Time ends, time shifts by 1 hour UTC!
- Location: #seamonkey IRC channel
- Further Read: Basics
- 1 Agenda
- 1.1 Action Items
- 1.2 Status of the SeaMonkey Buildbot Master and Tree
- 1.3 Release Train
- 1.4 Extensions and Plugins Compatibility Tracking
- 1.5 2.x (Last, Current, Next)
- 1.6 Feature List, Planning
- 1.7 Roundtable - Personal Status Updates
- 1.8 Any other business?
- Who's taking minutes? -> Ratty
- Nominees for Friends of the Fish Tank:
(who needs to do what that hasn't been recorded in a bug) We should assign people to the open items.
- bug 1081726 Donation link on website needs to be change to point to SeaMonkey Paypal donation page — The SeaMonkey specific donation page on www.mozilla.org went missing some time ago and won't be back – at least in that specific form. While waiting for Mozilla to sort out its problems we need something that works for us presently. Will be fixed by this week. Assigned to mcsmurf.
- (bug 956561); move blog to blog.mozilla.org. [DONE]
- some sprucing / branding needs to happen next
- [mcsmurf] ideally the SSL cert would be fixed, then things would work easier as I wanted to sync the blog with Facebook entries.
- bug 998807 Sync account creation or device pairing fails with exception in BrowserIDManager
- mcsmurf says he has a short term workaround for this.
- bug 1057920 SeaMonkey's CVS dependency really should be removed. (currently used only for Releng Automation, and SeaMonkey Website).
- IanN will create a separate bug for the releng automation stuff and will find out what is required to get the work done.
Status of the SeaMonkey Buildbot Master and Tree
- [ewong] we're 'kinda' green. Tests are busted in some ways or another. But right now, priority is on the 2.31b1 release.
- Buildmaster is up and running, and produces en-US builds, see 9/16 meeting's Friends of the Fish Tank. Builds and langpacks in 18 languages including en-US are available unofficially thanks to A.Kalla, see also FOFT above.
- Due to the master having some mysql issues, Callek has put a halt on the mysql updates, which affects the tbpl. So nothing is showing in tbpl atm.
- [28th October 2014]
- Infrastructure issues
- linux64 systems are still plagued by bug 1058385. Regular AWOLing. Currently 3 slaves are down.
- NB: Currently the miscellaneous patches to fix the RelEng infra (tooltool et.al) are all applied to the master directly. Once reviewed, the patches will be pushed to their corresponding repositories and the master will be updated properly.
- NB2: None of the test bustages are listed. Priority is currently set to get the builds running properly.
- On mozilla-central a win64 change has landed recently and switching to VS2013. SeaMonkey Windows builders are running Vista and VS 2013 has a minimum requirement of Windows 7.
- Infrastructure issues
- See RelEng page for the RelEng status history.
- In Bug 902876 Comment 12 Mcsmurf is waiting for feedback from the build team on how to proceed.
- SeaMonkey 2.30 was released on 15th October 2014.
- SeaMonkey 2.31 Beta 1 We expect a release on ௐ. Due to the OSX signing changes, we've encountered a problem with the patcher updates. As such, 2.31b1 is going to be delayed.
- Useful Firefox Release Schedule link: Releases Scheduling
Extensions and Plugins Compatibility Tracking
- Firefox & Thunderbird Add-on Converter for SeaMonkey
- This tool goes a little further beyond simply modifying install.rdf - it also identifies a few more other things in the code that are Firefox or Thunderbird specific and attempts to change them. Of course, not all extensions can be ported so easily to SeaMonkey since there's only so much an automated tool like that can do.
Add-on Converter for SeaMonkey: http://addonconverter.fotokraina.com/
- Addon SDK:
- Ghostery now works on SeaMonkey trunk (2.33a) and aurora (2.32a) builds (Addon-SDK bug 1071048). To Do: can we get this into SeaMonkey 2.31? Would need to land on the SeaMonkey RELBRANCH in mozilla-central.
- Add (more) support for SeaMonkey bug 1023661. Pull request merged. This marks clipboard.js, context-menu.js, panel.js, and selection.js as SeaMonkey compatible.
- The largest remaining stumbling block is the hard dependency on (the Firefox) CustomizableUI.jsm which is used by SDK UI modules like button and toolbar.
- See Basics page. Please only list current changes here.
- Addon Compatibility Listings
- Ratty filed bug 957149 to push an updated version of DOMi to addons.mozilla.org to pick up the latest fixes. Depends on:
- bug 957149 (DOMi2.0.15) DOM Inspector 2.0.15.
- The checklist for a new release is at https://wiki.mozilla.org/DOM_Inspector/Releases/Checklist. IanN has been working on this, needs to build a new package following feedback.
- Our build team needs to automate DOMI branch selection rather than having to tweak the client.py every 6 weeks. bug 763506
2.x (Last, Current, Next)
[From a previous meeting:] There is a problem with the metrics server, so no current data is available. SeaMonkey Statistics can be viewed at https://dataviz.mozilla.org Across all channels we have an approximate ADU of 120k.
- See Basics page for the usual reminders.
- SeaMonkey 2.30 Release Notes
- Known Issues: bug 1062297 All saved passwords [apparently] gone after update.
Mozillazine Firefox thread: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=2864933
- Known Issues: bug 1062297 All saved passwords [apparently] gone after update.
- Stalled. Needs a kick.
- Current breakages:
- Mozilla-central bugs that affect us:
- Our front end Sync UI needs to be updated as the old backend is going away in Gecko/Firefox 31. See: New Firefox Sync has landed in Firefox Nightly. Tracked in:
- A lot of these bugs are due to mozilla-central switching from synchronous APIs to Asynchronous APIs.
- bug 566746 (asyncFormHistory) Form history should use asynchronous storage API. Tracked in:
- bug 912031 Use Asynchronous FormHistory.jsm in place of nsIFormHistory2 in Suite.
- bug 769764 move proxy resolution to separate thread and remove sync api. Tracked in:
- MailNews bug 791645 Rewrite calls to synchronous nsIProtocolProxyService::DeprecatedBlockingResolve with Async code before DeprecatedBlockingResolve disappears as well.
- bug 793634 Force builds to be compatible with gtk 2.18/glib 2.22. Tracked in:
- bug 795354 Migrate SeaMonkey Linux builders to CentOS 6.
- bug 846635 Use asynchronous getCharsetForURI in getShortcutOrURI. bug 834543 Add asynchronous version of setCharsetForURI and getCharsetForURI. Tracked in:
- bug 896947 Use asynchronous version of setCharsetForURI and getCharsetForURI in getShortcutOrURI and other places.
- OSX V2 signing changes have landed on comm-central (uplifted to comm-aurora) and on comm-beta, tracked by:
- bug 1072663 Update removed-files for the move from Contents/MacOS to Contents/Resources.
- bug 1074019 Modify file structure of SeaMonkey.app to allow for OSX v2 signing
- bug 1074021 Get SeaMonkey to launch with the new .app bundle structure
- bug 1074025 SeaMonkey's preprocessed channel-prefs.js file needs to be the same for each build
Feature List, Planning
Bug statistics for the last two (full) weeks: 51 new, 13 fixed, 15 triaged.
- Medium triaging effort, high number of new bugs filed.
- IanN thinks it would be useful to remind people on the newsgroups / forums that they can contribute by triaging. Tonymec will post a reminder to newsgroups / forums
- See Feature List page for major wanted/needed features.
- TODO: We will need to update our Sync UI code due to the new Sync API. Also we need to check if we are allowed to create FX accounts from our UI Since the new Sync accounts are FX accounts.[IanN] I'm sure I saw a question about FX accounts and branding. Callek was going to ask about being able to use Firefox accounts.
Roundtable - Personal Status Updates
Status Updates from developers - what are you working on, what's the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).
- been working on the infra part so haven't done much in terms of fixing things.
- Usual testing, reviewing and commenting.
- Fixed for c-c:
- Fixed for m-c:
- Fixed for m-i:
- Pending check in:
- bug 1039003 Port |bug 633773 Use Google's HTTPS search by default|, |bug 958883 Use HTTPS for Yahoo searches| and search plugin parts of |bug 959576 Create a component to get the list of priority domains| to Thunderbird
- bug 1062559 Port |bug 1055627 Pass MOZ_GLUE_PROGRAM_LDFLAGS after STATIC_LIBS to linker| to c-c
- bug 1082237 Port |bug 1077212 - Move MOZ_FOLD_LIBS to configure| to comm-central
- Checked in pending review:
- Waiting for feedback/review/information:
- Fixing review comments before checkin:
- Working on:
- bug 1060897 Static-link the CRT into Instantbird executable (/im/app/moz.build). Port bug 1023941 Part 1
- bug 1051642 Allow for flat chrome format when packaging extensions
- bug 943335 [TB] Update icons used in searchplugins (Yahoo, eBay, Wikipedia, Amazon, Bing, Twitter)
- Various SM Council documents.
- bug 606683 Allow customization of toolbar in Composer and MailNews Composition
- bug 639690 [META] Re-arrange code between editor and editorOverlay
- bug 773979 [META] Switch to new drag and drop api in SeaMonkey
- bug 657234 Move pasteQuote and pasteNoFormatting into contentAreaContextOverlay
- File/Folder selection in windows.
- To Do:
- bug 639395 Get cmd_fontSize to reflect current state of selected content / content at caret.
- Create FAQ for Friends of the Fish Tank.
- Help get composer standalone builds working with --enable-tests.
- Fixed bug 1081519 Linking SeaMonkey currently fails with: "error LNK2038: mismatch detected for 'RuntimeLibrary': value 'MT_StaticRelease' doesn't match value 'MD_DynamicRelease' in nsSuiteModule.obj
- Waiting for approval for comm-aurora.
Checked in to mozilla-central, mozilla-aurora and mozilla-beta:
Checked in to comm-central, needs comm-aurora uplift:
- bug 1073968 No compact menulists in the Modern theme.
- bug 870556 Try to improve performance of the IMAP download queue.
Needs checkin and comm-aurora and comm-beta uplift:
- bug 1061990 Cache size does not update after clearing cache.
- bug 1078740 Add tracking controls to security notification bar.
Still waiting for review:
- bug 970993 Aero Peek rendering issues.
- bug 1083941 Port bug 1041180 (Remove deprecated nsIChannelPolicy) to comm-central MailNews.
- bug 1087942 Port BoxObject and its subclasses to WebIDL (Port bug 979835 to SeaMonkey).
Bustage fix checked-in. Waiting for post landing review:
Have review/moa. Waiting for checkin:
- bug 917563 Convert abSelectAddressesDialog.xul from a <window class="dialog"> to a <dialog>
- bug 1077465 readFromClipboard() |dataLen.value / 2| isn't safe.
- bug 1081818 The Spell Check Dialog in Thunderbird Message Compose to small for long words. Make it resizable.
- bug 1088748 SeaMonkey part for Add newChannel2 to nsIProtocolHandler (bug 1067471) and Extend NewChannel() with loadinfo argument in nsIAboutModule (bug 1067468).
- bug 640420 Add draggable splitter between urlbar and searchbar.
- bug 752331 Define TopLevelImageDocument.css and TopLevelVideoDocument.css for SeaMonkey themes.
- bug 1040910 Support XHTML in feed titles.
- bug 1081739 Creative Commons search plugin no longer works and should be removed.
- bug 1083785 All fields in the Mailing list editor dialog are empty. Regression caused by Thunderbird bug 1061648.
- bug 1089186 Error: NS_ERROR_XPC_CANT_MODIFY_PROP_ON_WN: Cannot modify properties of a WrappedNative Source file: chrome://communicator/content/history/treeView.js.
- bug 1088767 Error: Failed to open input source 'chrome://branding/content/icon32.png' = NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND
- Coordinate efforts to get SeaMonkey support into the Addon SDK, needed by Ghostery, QrCodeR, and other SDK based addons.
- Did some reviews.
- Bug triage and Bug discussions.
- Usual end user support and PR in newsgroups and Mozillazine.
Waiting for checkin:
- bug 1060852 Expose privacy.trackingprotection.enabled in Privacy preferences and account for removal of Do-Not-Track options. (code changes)
Waiting for review:
- bug 1060852 Expose privacy.trackingprotection.enabled in Privacy preferences and account for removal of Do-Not-Track options. (help updates)
- bug 1032302 8BITMIME keyword ignored in EHLO greeting, BODY=8BITMIME absent in MAIL request for 8-bit transfers. (MailNews)
- Bug triage, testing, and commenting for SeaMonkey and MailNews Core.
- End-user information and discussion on MozillaZine.
- bug 1082690 Style suite sidebars with Yosemite behind-window vibrancy.
- bug 1085134 Native theming for Mac OS X disclosure buttons.
Much annoyed by bug 1089344 (No images on Facebook, works in mail and in Firefox), new on 2014-10-25. This is not bug 1082680 (no images on some sites incl. FB if gfx.direct2d.use1_1 is set to true). (I have no such pref but creating it with value false makes no change.)
Any other business?
- European Summer Time ends October 26th.
The nextThis meeting shall be at 1pm GMT (9am Eastern, 1pm UK, 2pm Central Europe, 9pm Hong Kong)
- North American Daylight Saving Time ends November 2nd, returning to 8am for the Eastern time zone with the November 11th meeting.