- bug 1323302 - The sudo bug; have review feedback.
- Ubuntu is sudo'ing firefox in their updater(‽): https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-release-upgrader/+bug/1174007
- bug 1450740 - Running as a Snap package has been broken for months
- They flipped media.cubeb.sandbox, which is… not ideal
- Landed; will request uplift
- See also https://forum.snapcraft.io/t/xorg-abstract-socket-is-mandatory-for-running-snaps/4580/7
- bug 1450531 - Build failure on ARM; turned out to be pilot error.
- On the plus side, building on an unsupported architecture will just fail now, as a side effect of adding SandboxReporter, instead of maybe semi-working
- Fuzzing reviews/triage
- Advice on /proc-less operation (Tor)
- bug 1434711 WebGL causes a crash with the AMDGPU-PRO video driver
- bug 1129492 Firefox content process has a live connection to the X11 server.
- IPC fuzzer
- First sec finding!
- It works!
- Working on tuning it now (added a message-type blacklist to avoid generating messages that are known to crash)
- bug 1450047 - updated in tree copy of libFuzzer
- https://reviews.llvm.org/D45322 - upstream bug in libFuzzer
- Going to get a patch up on phab later today and start breaking out all the random hacks I've layered around the codebase
- Still a handful of design issues I need to cycle back on (e.g. some things MOZ_ASSERT because they expect to be on a worker thread)
- Need to generate a coverage report and see what it looks like
- There's a file descriptor leak I think
- bug 1437281 - OSX dragging image to desktop changes OSX File associations
- bug 1448161 - Firefox changes default .txt app from TextEdit to Console (OS X)
- Probably a dupe of 1448374, need to confirm
- 1433577 bug 1433577 - [Mac] Enable sandboxing for the Flash NPAPI plugin process on Nightly
- Landed, limited to Nightly
- bug 1395504 - Infinite hang of web content process when parent process crashes...
- Started trying to figure out what's going on here, need to understand more about how breakpad works in Mac Firefox
- Working on Tor Network Planning w/ mcmanus
- bug 1434316 MinGW x64 Build
- Working on getting a debug build with symbols that _can_ run so we can figure out why it _doesn't_ run
- Think I've agreed to implement SameSite Cookies....
- Other small and various bugs
- bug 1449480 - Crash in logging::LogMessage::~LogMessage
- Fallout for crashing where we're supposed to in chromium sandbox code.
- Had to change a CHECK to a DCHECK for now.
- I've realised that the handle verifier in the chromium sandbox code isn't turned on in release for chromium.
- Also when it is turned on they have hooks enabled to track all other handle closing.
- I have a patch for this, should be up for review soon.
- Bug 1447019 - Use MITIGATION_WIN32K_DISABLE flag for GMP process.
- Landed this but have had to pref it off for now due to intermittent test failures.
- Continuing to look into the canvas code.
- bug 1366256 - NPAPI sandbox level 3
- should now be able to provision win10 loaner
- bug 1436972 - Properly maintain audio session ref count
- 2 plugin sec bugs
- bug 1446499 - FunctionHook::HookProtectedMode should be persistent
- in review
- bug 1450773 - Block restricting SIDs in plugin processes except in nightly
- Weakened sandbox so that audio device changes are recognized
- We can restore this at any time once Adobe fixes issues.
- bug 1450708 - Crash in FunctionBroker
- Looks like weird ConditionVariable behavior. Docs are too spare to know.
- Workday goals for Q1 not required
- waiting on guidance from hr on what to do for Q2 and beyond
- Windows cubeb audio remoting completion pushed back to end of Q3 on Windows.
- Wondering if this might block win32k lockdown switch
- OSX recently turned on but backed out shortly after due to perf issues.
- (Linux: audio remoting blocked network/socket isolation, without which we basically don't have a sandbox)
- WebGL remoting discussion
- Mac Nightly now using OOP Extensions on Mac
- From Jeff Wednesday - "We can't quite bind right at webidl, since we need to work with some content-side objects like images and videos. We need a light marshalling layer there for objects anyways, I think. Most webgl webidl entry points will likely become shims though. I'll try to get you a starting point this week."