Security/Tracking protection/Bug triage
Once the bugs are fully triaged, there should be:
- a priority on each bug
- nothing with tp-needsrepro
- no webcompat bugs linked to the trackingprotection meta bug
As bugs come into the Firefox::Tracking Protection component, the bug triage owner should follow these steps:
- Move misplaced bugs into the right component:
- Platform bugs should be moved into Toolkit::Safe Browsing
- Server-side bugs should be moved into Cloud Services::Server: Shavar
- Breakage bugs should block one of these meta bugs:
- tppaywall if TP is triggering a paywall / adblocker detection script (e.g. FuckAdBlock)
- tpvideo if TP is blocking the playing of videos
- tplogin if TP is breaking the login/registration flow of a site (including SSO providers)
- tpimages if TP is blocking necessary/useful images (excluding display ads)
- trackingprotection otherwise
- Close paywall-related bugs as WONTFIX.
- Add the tp-entitylist whiteboard tag if the breakage could be mitigated by expanding the entity whitelist to linked domains owned by the same organization.
- Add the tp-needsrepro whiteboard tag if the problematic resource is not mentioned in the bug (see next section).
- For feature requests and bugs that require a product decision:
- Tag with the tp-product whiteboard tag.
- NEEDINFO :pdol with a suggested decision (typically P3 or WONTFIX).
- Set a priority on the bug:
- tp-needsrepro: P3
- tp-product: --
- tp-entitylist: P2
Someone looking at the tp-needsrepro bugs should:
- Ensure the URL of the broken page is in the URL field
- Close any unreproducible bugs with WORKSFORME.
- Mark bugs that have the same root cause (e.g. Facebook videos are blocked on site X) as DUPLICATE of one another.
- Find the blocked resource(s) responsible for the breakage (using uMatrix) and add it to the user story field.
- Tag bugs with the category that causes the breakage in the whiteboard field (use this mapping for Twitter, Google and Facebook resources in the Disconnect category):
- tp-ads for the Advertising category
- tp-analytics for the Analytics category
- tp-social for the Social category
- tp-content for the Content category (only part of the strict list)
- Remove the tp-needsrepro tag.
- Move the bug to Tech Evangelism: Desktop and reset the priority to --.