(Also linked from Platform/2013-Q4-Goals#Security)
This quarter, every goal must have more than one person affiliated with and working on it. There is still a DRI, but nobody is working alone.
- Outcome: Next set of steps towards a exploit-containing platform.
- DRI: sid (+keeler +christoph)
- [DONE] Implement: Chromium-sandbox: make it possible to compile and activate on mozilla-central - (keeler + bbondy)
- [DONE] Implement: b2g/e10s security feature tests: Get CSP tests passing in e10s with help from overholt on platform team (garrett + sid + mwobensmith)
- [DONE] Implement: enable seccomp-bpf for linux desktop - bug 935111 (christoph)
- Outcome: More visibility and aim for our team's projects.
- DRI: monica (+sid +garrett +cviecco +briansmith)
- Outcome: Massive improvement in channel security for SSL sites that want protection from decryption.
- DRI: briansmith (+cviecco)
- [MISSED] Land Insanity::PKIX - bug 878932 (briansmith + cviecco)
- [DONE] Implement: TLS 1.2 enabled on nightly requires server intolerance + telemetry (cviecco + briansmith)
- Mixed Content wrap up
- Outcome: Mixed script is blocked widely on the web in a stable way (and has no more urgent follow-ups.)
- DRI: christoph (+tanvi)
- Outcome: Wider adoption of CSP when Firefox supports these features (and beginning of CSP v1.1)
- DRI: garrett (+sid)
- [DONE] Implement: script nonce landed behind a pref. bug 855326 (garrett + sid)
- [MISSED] Implement: script hash landed behind a pref. bug 883975 (garrett + sid)
- [DONE] Evaluate: profile CSP on desktop and B2G to develop a plan to optimize CSP by rewriting in C++ or otherwise (https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=924337#c26) [garrett + christoph] - bug 927493 shows speed improvements with a native implementation