Push-tab-to-device is a method of quickly sharing a page you're currently browsing with any other device connected to your sync account.
How To Send
- Make sure you have your mobile device connected to a sync account and your browser open on the page you want to share.
- Open the context menu and click "Share" on the bottom left.
- Choose to share via Firefox Sync
- Select the devices connected to your sync account that you'd like to share with and click Send
- You're done! Continue Browsing
How To Receive
- A received tab will show up as a Firefox Sync icon in your notifications bar on the top left
- Pull down your notifications list to view your received tab (as you would view any other Android notification)
- Click on the notification to open it through your browser (or app) of choice (A default list of apps for opening the tab will be provided)
Currently, push-tab-to-device on desktop must be used through an addon: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/send-tab-to-device.
Sending and receiving tabs on mobile has yet to be officially released but if you're eager, here are the bugs to track:
- Receiving tabs bug 732147
- Allow sending of commands (communication between devices) bug 739416
- UI for sending tabs bug 740193
- View current screenshots of the UI here bug 742478
If you're interested in the general progression of this feature. bug 507471 is an excellent meta bug to follow.