Mozilla Cloud Services is working on building cool building blocks to make users' lives on the Internet better.
- Time: Wednesday at 9:15AM PDT / 12:15PM EDT / 5:15PM UTC.
- Place: Mozilla HQ, Zombocom (3rd Floor)
- Phone (US/Intl): 650 903 0800 x92 Conf: 98616#
- Phone (Toronto): 416 848 3114 x92 Conf: 98616#
- Phone (US): 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf: 98616#
See Services/Meetings for notes from old meetings.
- SimplePush Server
- Key Exchange (J-PAKE)
- Node Assignment
- Node Assignment 2 / Token Server
- Where's My Fox
Cloud Services team's mandate includes two service classes: Firefox Services and User Web Services.
Defining Firefox Services
- One or more Firefox teams lead each Firefox Service, defining features, implementing and integrating within Firefox, and marketing the Firefox Service as a Firefox feature.
- Cloud Services team supports the Firefox team as its customer, primarily via providing the Firefox Accounts service APIs for identity, authentication and storage as required of each Firefox Service.
- Firefox Services typically support and extend Firefox features, providing user task continuity across Firefox instances and devices by time- and space-shifting Firefox state.
Prospective Firefox Services
- Firefox Backup - Enable Firefox to save/recover previous Firefox states
Defining User Web Services
- The Cloud Services team leads each User Web Service, defining features, implementing the Web front-end and back-ends, and marketing the User Web service as a Firefox Account feature. As a User Service matures, it may graduate to a Firefox feature.
- Firefox teams support the Cloud Services team as its customer, primarily via Firefox integration and distribution.
- User Web Services typically support and extend Open Web user identity, data and personalization by delivering market differentiated, defensible, sustainable, SaaS and PaaS-style services to achieve the Mozilla mission of user utility, agency and sovereignty.
Prospective User Web Services
- Firefox Account Pro - Exclusive access to our Cloud Services betas
- Firefox Faces - Open Web Messaging
- Firefox Friends - Open Web Social Publishing
- Firefox Finesse - Open Web Personalization
- Firefox Flow - Open Web Mobile Assistant
Roadmaps / Goals
Server / General:
- Sync Client
- SimplePush Server
- Edition Server
- Web Presence
- Public-facing documentation is now available at http://docs.services.mozilla.com/
Process and Policy
Stay in Touch