- Are we Flash Yet? (Demos)
- Shumway Github
Create a new status report from the template: <createbox> align=left type=create preload=Shumway/Status/0-0-0 default=2019-01-21 prefix=Shumway/Status/ </createbox>
We're in the process of defining a roadmap towards a 1.0/ Minimum Viable Product release. In the meantime, an overview of our preliminary milestones and their dependencies can be viewed on our roadmap page.
Current Shumway In Nightly
- Available in Nightly on Desktop for all platforms, *preff'd off*
- Will not ride the trains for now, so not available on Aurora, Beta, and Release
- Target Audience
- Flash and web developers who want to test their content with Shumway and a general audience of folks who are interested in a Flash Player Alternative and want to provide feedback.
how do I enable it?
- Easy. Just go to about:config and search for shumway.disabled. Flip that pref to 'false' and you should be all set
- There are other prefs to explore which you can read more about, here: https://github.com/mozilla/shumway/wiki/Debugging-and-Configuring-Shumway#using-the-extension
What about the Summit Demo?
- You can check it out, here: http://areweflashyet.com/summit2013/candy.html
Product Roadmap & User Stories [In Progess]
- As a Firefox user, I have a more stable browsing experience because Firefox natively renders Flash ads, increasing my user satisfaction, usage, and likelihood to recommend.
- As a Firefox user, I have a more responsive browsing experience because Flash ads in background tabs are throttled, increasing my user satisfaction, usage, and likelihood to recommend.
- As a Firefox user, I can opt in to Firefox native Flash support so that I can help Mozilla test the feature.
- As a Firefox user, I have a mechanism to revert to the Adobe Flash player for specific content blocks, so I am not broken in cases where Firefox's native rendering is insufficient.