* The community has continuously [[#Latest release|shipped releases]] with bug fixes and enhancements for several years.
* The community holds [[Thunderbird/StatusMeetings|regular meetings]] to discuss important matters of common interest, open to all.
* The [[Modules/Thunderbird|Thunderbird Council]] is the governing body for the Thunderbird project, and coordinates
strategic and fiscal matters on behalf of the community.
* In 2014 we celebrated 10 year since the release of [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mozilla_Thunderbird Thunderbird 1.0, on December 7, 2004].
= Contributing =
How you can help ... <ul>'''Thunderbird is self-supported by its user community. We need
you, and welcome you to give back to the community.'''</ul>
* [https://donate.mozilla.org/thunderbird/about/ Donate]
[https://support.mozilla.org/questions/thunderbird Thunderbird Support questions] - Visit [https://support.mozilla.org/questions/thunderbird Thunderbird support forum] where you can answer questions from users. (support.mozilla.org aka SUMO is where Thunderbird users are supported by the community.)* [https://support.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/ Thunderbird Knowledge Base on SUMO] - Visit [https://support.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/ the Knowledge Base (aka KB)] where you can help improve documentation which users refer to for assistance.* [[Thunderbird:Testing|QA testing]] - How you can help with quality assurance and testing.* [https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Thunderbird_Localization Localization] - How you can join translators to localize Thunderbird.* [[Thunderbird/Contributing patches|Contributing patches and fixes]] - How you can get started contributing patches and fixes.
* [[Thunderbird/Community_Members|Community members]] - List of active community members contributing to and supporting Thunderbird.
'''To get more information about how you can help, talk to a human, or to introduce yourself, see [[Thunderbird/CommunicationChannels|Thunderbird Communication Channels]].'''
<ul>'''Again, we need users like yourself to help in one of the above areas. Please inquire today.'''</ul>
(In most cases no prior experience is needed to help.)
= Upcoming releases =