= Status =
Thunderbird is alive and well. [[#Contributing|Please help us keep it that way!]]
* The community has continuously [[#Latest release|shipped releases]] with bug fixes and enhancements for several years.
* The community holds [[Thunderbird/StatusMeetings|regular meetings]] to discuss important matters of common interest, open to all.
* The [[Modules/Thunderbird|Thunderbird Council]] is the governing body for the Thunderbird project, and coordinates legal and fiscal matters on behalf of the community.
* In 2014 we celebrated 10 year since the release of [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mozilla_Thunderbird Thunderbird 1.0, on December 7, 2004].
= Latest release =
* Get the latest release of Thunderbird from '''[http://www.getthunderbird.com/ getthunderbird.com]'''.
* Get the most recent versions still under development from [https://www.mozilla.org/thunderbird/channel/ the future of Thunderbird].
= General information =
* [[Thunderbird/CommunicationChannels|Thunderbird Communication Channels]] - How and where to get information.
* Learn how to deploy "Thunderbird in an organization" at [[Thunderbird/Enterprise|Thunderbird for enterprises]].
* [[Thunderbird/StatusMeetings|Bi-Weekly Status meetings]] - Conference call to discuss Thunderbird. (includes past meeting notes)
= Contributing =
you can help ... <ul>'''Thunderbird is self-supported by its user community. We need and welcome you. Please give back to the community.'''</ul>
* [https://donate.mozilla.org/thunderbird/about/ Donate]
* Visit [https://support.mozilla.org/questions/thunderbird Thunderbird support forum]
where you can answer questions from users. (support.mozilla.org aka SUMO is where Thunderbird users are supported by the community.)* Visit [https://support.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/ the Knowledge Base (aka KB)] where you can help improve documentation which users refer to for assistance.
* Visit [[Thunderbird:Testing|QA testing]] to help with quality assurance and testing.
* Visit [https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Thunderbird_Localization Localization] to help other translators to localize Thunderbird in your language.
* [[Thunderbird/Contributing patches|
Contributing patches and fixes]].
* [[Thunderbird/Add-ons Guide 57|Add-ons Guide for Thunderbird 57 and beyond]].
* [[Thunderbird/Community_Members|Community members]] - List of active community members contributing to and supporting Thunderbird.
* [[Thunderbird/Core_Team|Core Team]] - List of people typically actively involved on a weekly basis, and providing major input into Thunderbird.
'''To get more information
about how you can help, talk to a human, or to introduce yourself, see [[Thunderbird/CommunicationChannels|Thunderbird Communication Channels]].'''<ul>'''Again, we need users like yourself to help in one of the above areas. Please inquire today.'''</ul>
= Governance =
* [[Thunderbird/Council_Elections_2017|Council Elections 2017]] - Electoral Roll.
* [[Thunderbird/Council_Elections_2018|Council Elections 2018]] - Electoral Roll.
= Upcoming releases =
Thunderbird generally gets new features and bug fixes as volunteers have time to work on them and fix them. There is therefore no planned rollout of fixes that can be communicated to users.
* [[Thunderbird/Release_Driving|Release Driving]] - How releases move towards completion
= Past releases =
* [https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/releases/ View past release notes]
* [https://releases.mozilla.org/pub/thunderbird/releases/ Download past releases]
= Related and Older links =