Stewards/Coding/Group 02 06 13
- Meeting time: Wednesday, February 6 at 11 AM Pacific
- Video: David's vidyo room (use this link for guest access)
- Audio: If video doesn't work, call +1 800 707 2533, pin 369, conf 9634#
- Back channel: #planning
- Community dashboards
- Working with Bitergia on analysis project?
- Adding contributors to release notes for next Firefox release
- Next steps with Kyle's review charts -- split out R- and R+ and compare time from R+ to closing bug fixed
- Measure effectiveness of patch approveded email: https://projects.mozilla.org/browse/BA-90
- Other dashboards items
- New ideas to discuss
- New contributor dashboards/metrics for portions of the tree (eg. gfx/, dom/, whatever)
- Get engineers to tag nontrivial bugs with common annotation (eg. [complex]). Write a tool that watches for successful resolution of these bugs and adds assignee to list of promising contributors.
- Contacting contributors who stop contributing
- Can we segment who we reach out to? People who made one patch vs. more than one patch?
- What information do we want to find out? Can we work with User Research to craft the right questions?
- Rewards process for contributors
- jdm's prototype for contributor first patch notifier to feed into Gear Store for sending shirts
- Webdev Stewards are creating a badge pilot meant as case study for other teams interested in badges
- Regular discussions at 10:30 pacific if you'd like to learn more
- Coding Community Tools
- Coordinating with other contribution funnels
- QA? Support? Others?
- Discussion other project ideas we have considered previously: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/CommunityManagerProjects
- https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/User:teoli/TestPopcorn - Building Firefox from scratch on Ubuntu
- The mobile team is experimenting with posting a "featured bug" (http://lucasr.org/2012/12/07/featured-bug-1-in-firefox-for-android/)
- Academic institutions
- Move forward with just mailing list: https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/education
- Clean up references to Google Groups and newsgroup versions of forum that aren't linked anymore
- Any next steps with student-project keyword?
- Creating a case study that would promote this work and make it easier to duplicate?
- David to introduce Mike to Annie Elliott, Contributor Steward for Metrics
- Mike to look at filling out recognition ideas for all Coding conversion points
- Seif to look into using his Activity Journal to track history of contributions
- Mike to look into way to host tools being created on Mozilla infracstructure