Stewards/Coding/Group 02 27 13
- Meeting time: Wednesday, February 27 at 11 AM Pacific
- Video: David's vidyo room (use this link for guest access)
- Audio: If video doesn't work, call +1 800 707 2533, pin 369, conf 9634#
- Back channel: #planning
- Community dashboards
- Working with Bitergia on analysis project?
- Next steps with Kyle's review charts -- split out R- and R+ and compare time from R+ to closing bug fixed
- Measure effectiveness of patch approveded email: https://projects.mozilla.org/browse/BA-90
- Other dashboards items
- New ideas to discuss
- New contributor dashboards/metrics for portions of the tree (eg. gfx/, dom/, whatever)
- Get engineers to tag nontrivial bugs with common annotation (eg. [complex]). Write a tool that watches for successful resolution of these bugs and adds assignee to list of promising contributors.
- Clarifying types of starter bugs
- Surveying contributors who stop contributing
- Can we segment who we reach out to? People who made one patch vs. more than one patch?
- What information do we want to find out? Can we work with User Research to craft the right questions?
- Recognition plans for contributors
- Coding Community Tools
- Is it possible to host the tools we're building on Mozilla servers?
- How do we garden all this stuff -- thoughts on a coding community building portal?
- Coordinating with other contribution funnels
- QA, Metrics, Support? Others?
- Academic institutions
- Move forward with just mailing list: https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/education
- Clean up references to Google Groups and newsgroup versions of forum that aren't linked anymore
- Any next steps with student-project keyword?
- Creating a case study that would promote this work and make it easier to duplicate?
- Discussion other project ideas we have considered previously: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/CommunityManagerProjects
- Reprise of Josh's FOSDEM presentation
- https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/User:teoli/TestPopcorn - Building Firefox from scratch on Ubuntu
- The mobile team is experimenting with posting a "featured bug" (http://lucasr.org/2012/12/07/featured-bug-1-in-firefox-for-android/)
- Mike to get public data ready for posting and we can look at then creating a data analysis contribution landing page
- Mike to post thoughts on improving experience with different types of starter bugs
- Mike to look into ability to host sites on mozillalabs.com domain
- David to connect Mike with Katherine about the Student Reps' Classroom Toolkit idea