Stewards/Coding/Group 04 11 12
- Meeting time: Wednesday, April 11 at 1 PM Pacific
- Video: David's vidyo room (use this link for guest access)
- Audio: If video doesn't work, call +1 800 707 2533, pin 369 - conf 99296
- Back channel: #mozillians
- Update on dashboards:
- Scheduling meeting with Pedro and Paulo about enhancement ideas for dashboards (bug 729703) -- we'll need to meet earlier for this around 10 pacific
- Making those dashboards public is ongoing
- Update on Coding Community Manager job description draft
- Do we want to also create a job description for role focused on working with academic institutions?
- Discuss how to replicate the Seneca model for working with students
- Update on Bugzilla enhancement ideas:
- Dietrich to discuss ReMo collaboration discussion with William in Toronto
- Filed docs bugs based on feedback from new contributor: bug 737742 (Introduction), bug 737728 (build speed), bug 737734 (creating a patch)
- jdm idea of creating a survey to use for contacting more contributors for feedback
- Review and refine action plan draft as needed
- Q1 2012 Gfx mentored bugs update, demographics:
- Marco Castelluccio
- Andrew Quartey (drexler)
- Thomas Prip Vestergaard (prip)
- has already 8 patches in, oldest from Dec 7, 2011
- bug 710992: bad memset in pixman
- Matias Juntunen (dwarfcrank)
- Florian Boesch (__doc__, pyalot)
- bug 728354, webgl anisotropic filtering extension
- contributes more at the level of public_webgl list
- Hugh Nougher
- Stephen Perry
- bug 666664, compiler warnings
- patch, but stalled
- Anything else?
- David to schedule meeting with Metrics for next week to walk through enhancement ideas. Everyone please get feedback in before then to bug 729703.
- Jared joined the call and is interested in helping as a liaison to academic institutions. He'll be getting up to speed on things to start.
- We should do some thinking on measuring how the new email for people who've had their first patch approved is working and audit other opportunities like this, for instance when submitting your first patch.
- Josh to blog about mentored bugs and present a lightning talk at upcoming Weekly Meeting.
- Mike to present at future meeting more about his idea for a contribution arc that new contributors can follow.