Stewards/Coding/Group 05 02 12
- Meeting time: Wednesday, May 2 at 1 PM Pacific
- Video: David's vidyo room (use this link for guest access)
- Audio: If video doesn't work, call +1 800 707 2533, pin 369, conf 99296#
- Back channel: #mozillians
- Update on dashboards:
- Update on Coding Community Manager job description draft
- Do we want to also create a job description for role focused on working with academic institutions?
- Webdev's new dynamic Get Involved page using bugzilla-mediawiki extension
- Would something like this for coding be helpful? Could show all open mentored bugs according to different coding areas?
- Working with academic institutions
- New opportunity at Universiti Utara Malaysia
- Documenting current activities with academic institutions in action plan
- Next steps creating a case study that would promote this work and make it easier to duplicate?
- Updating education.mozilla.org content / reviving education forum or #education IRC channel?
- Update on Bugzilla enhancement ideas:
- Dietrich to discuss ReMo collaboration discussion with William in Toronto
- Filed docs bugs based on feedback from new contributor: bug 737742 (Introduction), bug 737728 (build speed), bug 737734 (creating a patch)
- jdm idea of creating a survey to use for contacting more contributors for feedback
- Review and refine action plan draft as needed
- Anything else?
- David to update conversion point docs with additional feedback
- David to reach out to Martin Best about possible overlaps with Bugzilla metrics
- Dietrich to set up wiki page for academic liaison job description and get input from group we've had recent discussions with about working with academic institutions
- David to find earlier time for us to meet and we'll look at inviting members of Fennec and B2G to this meeting
- Dietrich to socialize this meeting at B2G work week to identify who would be interested in joining