Stewards/Coding/Group 08 01 12

From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Meeting Details

  • Meeting time: Wednesday, August 1 at 10 AM Pacific
  • Video: David's vidyo room (use this link for guest access)
  • Audio: If video doesn't work, call +1 800 707 2533, pin 369, conf 9634#
  • Back channel: #mozillians


  • Community dashboards
    • Conversion funnel
      • Next phases: adding Bugzilla data in Q3 and then adding more data sources and branches to funnel
    • Making coding dashboards public (bug 771581)
      • Next steps: link to these from Are We Growing Yet?, add a note to top of dashboards and switch all username info to names and not emails
        • This data is an aggregate representation of contributors (both paid and volunteer) who submit code to a number of Mozilla projects. This information helps us keep the community healthy and growing and is part of the Grow Mozilla program. This data is subject to change and is also not comprehensive of all contributions made to Mozilla. Visit the Developer Guide for more information about the terms used here.
    • Exploring uses for Metrics API (bug 729703)
  • Swag for people completing mentored bugs
    • How to handle that now and how to do it better going forward
  • Academic institutions
    • Josh to report on status of student-project keyword
    • Checking with David Teller to make sure a mailing-list only Mozilla Education forum works for him (bug 765169) and if so we need to clean up references to Google Groups and newsgroup and promote just the mailing list
    • Creating a case study that would promote this work and make it easier to duplicate?
  • Tools
    • How to make use of
      • Creating a promo and finding places to promote it on Mozilla sites like MDN and other sites like Stackoverflow (bug 775771)
      • Business cards, possibly add to ReMo toolkit
  • Using community dashboards
    • Measure effectiveness of first patch approved email when conversion tracking in place
    • Contributor survey once we have information about conversion path
  • Expanding representation at this meeting
    • B2G: Anyone else?
    • Fennec: Lucas and anyone else?
    • Devtools, webapps, others?
    • Creating a cross-product coding contribution opportunity entry page? Similar to Webdev Get Involved page

Action Items

  • David to move forward with getting coding dashboards reviewed with changes mentioned above
  • David and Josh to talk with Michelle about how to integrate his MozCamp proposal into a general volunteer recruiting session
  • Brian to set up wiki page outlining the process for sending out swag to contributors we'd like to see
  • Josh to follow up with Jonath about Coding Community Manager and Community Building team idea