- 1 Firefox 119 SUMO Sprint
- 1.1 What is SUMO Sprint?
- 1.2 What's new in Firefox 119
- 1.3 Find out more
- 1.4 Review Checker Moderation 2023 List of changes
- 1.5 Inbounds monitoring
- 1.6 Reactive comms
- 1.7 Known issues
- 1.8 Dot releases
- 1.9 Heads up
- 1.10 How to get involved in the sprint?
- 1.11 How can I get more help?
Firefox 119 SUMO Sprint
What is SUMO Sprint?
SUMO Day/SUMO Sprint is that time of the week when the whole Mozilla community comes together to answer incoming questions on the support forum for Firefox, Firefox for Android, Firefox for iOS, and Firefox Focus users. Check out this page to learn more about it.
What's new in Firefox 119
|Review Checker Integration Released for Firefox Desktop||https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/review-checker-review-quality||New|
|Edit PDFs by adding images and at text||https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/view-pdf-files-firefox-or-choose-another-viewer||New|
|Firefox View Updates||.||New|
Firefox for Android
Firefox for iOS
Firefox Focus/Firefox Klar
Find out more
Review Checker Moderation 2023 List of changes
|Feature name||Description||Platform||Tag||Related article||Bugzilla link||Mozilla Connect discussion||Common response|
|Review Checker Released for Firefox Desktop||Mozilla is testing ways on how we can provide more user value during the online shopping experience. The Review Checker is based on the Fakespot extension and we wanted to explore how we can integrate it in the Firefox browser to provide a more seamless way to research the products people are considering.||Desktop||-||https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/review-checker-review-quality||https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1855538||-||-|
|Review Reliability Panel||
|Keyboard Navigation||ability to use the sidebar fully with a keyboard along, does the side panel look as expected, Are there any other issues or inconveniences a user has with accessibility for this integration||Desktop||RCD:keyboard|
|Language||Were the features and functionality understood from the content provided within the integration||Desktop||RCD:language|
|Design||Does everything look as expected and work as expected? Colors, fonts, and layouts are clearly seen and users can read everything in the sidebard (i.e. shrpness, legibility, color contrast)||Desktop||RCD:design|
We're tracking version 119 Desktop Forum inbounds as they relate to the main feature we are releasing with this Review Checker Integration. You should find the sheet HERE.
- Q: Why am I seeing this Review Checker notification?
- A: Mozilla is testing ways on how we can provide more user value during the online shopping experience. The Review Checker is based on the Fakespot extension and we wanted to explore how we can integrate it in the Firefox browser to provide a more seamless way to research the products people are considering.
- Q: Which retailers is this available on?
- A: While we are testing Review Checker, we chose three popular e-commerce sites: Amazon, Best Buy, and Walmart.
- Q: Where is this feature available? Will it roll out to more countries?
- A: We are currently testing this feature in U.S. markets. We take careful consideration to roll out to each geographic location and are currently focused on learning from our US market.
- Q: How does Review Checker interact with my personal data?
- A: It doesn’t. All Fakespot’s engines see is the URL you are on to conduct an analysis for the Review Checker. Your IP address is never shared with Fakespot because we are using OHTTP.
- Q: What are you doing to ensure my privacy while using the Review Checker?
- A: At Mozilla, we believe that privacy is fundamental to a healthy internet. That’s why we build Firefox, and all our products, to give you greater control over the information you share online and the information you share with us. We strive to collect only what we need to improve Firefox for everyone. Review Checker helps you shop in a privacy protecting way by not tracking nor storing your shopping data.
Please refer to the following contributor discussions to learn more about the known issue:
- Firefox 119.0.1 – Nov 7, 2023. This dot release should fix various bug fixes.
- Firefox for Android/Focus/Klar 119.1.0 - Nov 7, 2023.
How to get involved in the sprint?
Join us in our community portal event and contribute by:
- Answer forum questions
- Respond to actionable tweets
Answer forum questions
Respond to actionable tweets
You can also help many people who are having problems with their Firefox by responding to actionable tweets (meaning that the tweet expressed that somebody need support). Check out this article or take this short course to know more about how you can help people on Twitter. We strongly recommend existing community members to use Conversocial/Verint to reply to tweets from the official support account, @FirefoxSupport.
How can I get more help?
You can join our Matrix channel to ask questions/join community discussion.