- 09:00 PDT
- 11:00 CDT
- 12:00 EDT
- 16:00 UTC
- 18:00 CET
Phone call details:
- California: 650-903-0800 then extension 92
- Toronto: 416-848-3114 then extension 92
- Toll-free: 800-707-2533 then password 369
- Skype (free): +18007072533 then password 369
Then, enter the conference number: 9435#
- Guest video link
- You will need to download and install the Vidyo desktop software.
irc.mozilla.org: #sumo <== Click the link to use web-based chat
Actions from last week
- Matt to pull feedback for least helpful articles. Verdi and Matt will discuss specifics around cadence.
- We'll try to do this in the two weeks following the Firefox 13 release. Then we'll reevaluate and try again after the Firefox 14 release.
- Kadir, as part of a feature page, will make a table that describes the categories/L10n setting/exceptions, so we can have documentation of the way it is today before we add another category for no-index
- Etherpad link
- As you'll see in the video, we were all still a little confused about the best way to proceed. Collecting more info and thinking about solutions - we'll talk about it again next week.
Design & Development work
- We retitled and tagged 38 articles last week. Michael and Matt meeting today to go over the rest of the titles and get them done.
- Firefox 14 user-facing features that impact documentation:
- Inline URL autocomplete
- Google search is https by default - this is for all 4 searches (awesome bar, search bar, home page, right-click search)
- Native Lion (10.7) full screen for Mac
- New download manager - this was in 14 but I think it's been moved to 16
- New Identity block - still trying to clarify what parts of this will be in 14
- Thanks to Tonnes and Scoobidiver for contributing cleanup and L10n to the new mobile articles!
- Article name changes for mobile are complete
- Article helpfulness is 100% since launch of nativeUI
- Once Firefox 13 and Native UI updates are localized we should start a conversation about localizing the title and summary changes that we're working on.
Comments, questions, ideas
- Michelle is leading scoping for base camp/b2g support content; Rosana will help with L10n scoping for LATAM Spanish and Brazilian Portuguese