Feedback from the patio session at the Summit. Please add more, if you think something is missing
On the right track
- Creating an official support KB was the right decision. SUMO is valuable and benefits a lot of people.
- The localization dashboard is of great help and should be extended.
- The feedback confirms that the KB rewrite will address a lot of the current important problems, including localization.
- SUMO is too slow
- Some communities need localized forums
- There is no way to contact contributors
- Printing in current SUMO is broken
- There should be a way to save an articles as PDF
- The contributor documentation is too long, nobody reads it
- There should be a site wide check for broken links
- There should be summary of changes, e.g. for the last week
- The sidebar on the right seems useless
- It should be possible to look at poll results for a locale only
- Edited articles waiting for review  should be listed by edit date (e.g., oldest first) instead of alphabetically (or at least allow for different sort orders).
- The editor is not wide enough
- Skipping the review phase should be possible for one-man-teams
- The editor needs syntax highlighting
- The syntax is too complex
- There should be a way to mark articles as finished/not finished
- There should be a way to remove old images from articles
- When images are updated, the URL shouldn’t change.
- Above the translation editor there should be some text and link to the local site. The text should give a visual explanation of the edit/review process.
- The current diff is broken, no one uses it
- There should be a way to tell how far the translation has progressed (20%/80% etc.)
- The preview should be accurate
- Copying from the diff view inserts strange characters/formatting
- When old text is removed from English articles it should be removed in the translations as well
- The anchors in articles should be language independent as well, like the site names. So that changing them doesn’t break linking
- There should be a SUMO-Book for download