TCP/ETP Community Project
With the rollout of Total Cookie Protection TCP, the product team are interested in proactively collecting information on site breakage and other issues as they relate to Firefox's Anti-Tracking features like TCP and Enhanced Tracking Protection (ETP).
The Customer Experience (CX) team is able to better identify and track site breakage issues caused by TCP/ETP and to collaborate with the product team on resolving them.
- The anti-tracking team aren't able to understand the real volume of site-breakage issues due to a lot of noise on their reporting system.
- Support.mozilla.org is lacking of documentation when it comes to site-breakage troubleshooting.
- Generate a report to provide back to the product team about anti-tracking related issues that the CX team are able to collect.
- Generate a community project template and engagement strategy for future use.
- Educate contributors on site-breakage troubleshooting and bug submission for anti-tracking-related issues.
- KB audits for anti-tracking articles are 100% completed (KB)
- All anti-tracking related articles are localized to 5 priority locales (Localization)
- We’re able to understand true volume of site breakage issues related to anti-tracking (Forum and Social)
- Contributors are trained to spot anti-tracking issues and file a bug report (Forum and Social)
The anti-tracking reports are out of scope of this project. CX will only use data that we have from our platform.
- We will form a contributor focus group to help with this project.
- Public comms will go out on the first week of March.
- Project weekly check-in will be recorded and shared with contributors on the focus group.
- Comms will be done in the contributor forum, Matrix and/or Slack, KB discussion, and potentially Bugzilla.
See TCP/ETP - Project Timeline for more detail.
- Provide feedback about on newly created FAQ article
- See the FAQ article Discussion thread
- Review a list of anti-tracking article and provide feedback/suggestion on appropriate KB topic/subtopic to use for each article
- Review anti tracking content updates and try to unify the tone of the articles
- To follow until the KB work is done
- Review the filtered list of questions and categorize them by type of breakage. See guideline for more information.
- Provide URL of the site-breakage if identified
- Provide suggestion on tagging process across channels