Support/Weekly Meetings/Minutes 2007-10-18
- Status of 1.10 tiki upgrade
- Upgrade scheduled for next Tuesday (for real this time, because morgamic will be here in MV).
- Article layout proposal by djst 
- Breadcrumbs merged into one at the top (patch ready by jason)
- Search box moved to right side to get article content better focus
- Chat bubbles removed in favor or a subtle corner frame similar (AMO design)
- Action box split up to the most common actions as a menu strip inside the content area, and the rest as a sidebar box (not shown in the mockup because the mockup is for users not logged in)
- New background gradient copied from the new Firefox Upgraded page
- Language selector not in the mockup, but should be next to the Print and Edit links, or up in the breadcrumb.
- Jason has started hacking on the TikiWiki source code (templates, css) and has patches ready for Sumo (blocked by the 1.10 upgrade).
- Standard for adding troubleshooting links
- Point raised that this should be what the "More Like This" box is for
- Chris to modify an existing article to show his proposal so we have something to evaluate. Chris to post in the newsgroup when ready.
- No updates on l10n leaders. djst has tried to schedule a meeting with Axel Hecht and is waiting for his reply.
- Blog category for community newsletters set up.
- Proposal to rename the category.
- Can rename the category title, but let's not rename the feed rss url unless absolutely necessary, because we don't have access to the server.
- Reiterating our need for a simple way to review an article change. Ideally, we should be able to see a list of the articles that are different in the staging version compared to the live version, and see a diff between them. Finally, there should be a button named e.g. "Commit Changes", which a reviewer could click on to commit the proposed changes.
- Discussion about article discussion comments and a way to make obsolete comments expire.
- Not a high priority item at this point
- For now, just delete any comments that don't make sense anymore and just adds noise for content reviewers and editors.
- No updates this week.
- Lucy has tinkered with the admin panel and made a table of the current preferences in the software and suggested changes. 
- Gather feedback in the newsgroup about the preferences and make a decision before next meeting.
- By next meeting, decide a test day for live chat
- Question if the database of the staging server can be updated right now by IT, or if it has to wait until after the live server upgrade.
- Talked to Justin, the database can be updated within a day, pending approval by morgamic.