Support/Weekly Meetings/Minutes 2008-02-11
Attendees: djst, jason, chris, lucy, matthew, jeremy, morgamic, nelson
- Performance issues
- Log out 
- Caching 
- SUMO hasn't been an issue for IT; load for db is fine; sometimes the whole site goes down because it locks the whole sessions table
- Basic perf prio:
- Things like profiling can be done to optimize the performance of the app layer
- Weekly metrics 
- Top 5 search strings account for < 5% of total searches
- Top 100 is < 18% of total searches
- Increased searches for update, updates
- 0.5 milestone status (localization) 
- Because of the added bugs, new target date is February 25th
- UI now localizable dynamically on staging server 
- Allows admins and locale leaders to translate UI strings e.g. "Table Of Contents" directly on the page, completing the l10n experience for users
- Still some elements that are not localizable - should file a bug to keep track of those
- Please test!
- 0.6 milestone status (in-product help) 
- Suggested 0.7 milestone: Improve the forums
- Topic answered
- Better theme
- In process of redirecting www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/ pages to support.mozilla.com equivalents.
- People should read this
- Chris has started implementing the SHOWFOR plugin on the rest of the KB, but there are some major/minor bugs. 
- SHOWFOR spans are used, which means the "OS:All" option can't be used
- Could use a document describing to content writers how SHOWFOR works and should be used.
- 6 new requests, 0 new articles
- No new contributors
- We don't have the edit this page for users not logged. This might be a reason.
- Should definitely make "edit this page" and "translate this page" show for users not logged in 
- We had our first case of vandalism.
- Someone tried to edit the Profiles article, wiping content and include a link
- Staging system prevented it from ever going live -- a testament of the awesomeness of the review system!
- Highlighted a lack of ability to ban by IP 
- Still a lot of comment traffic. Text and bolding still needs work 
- The bold text on "ask a support question" right above the big text area might fool people
- 25-50% increase in threads, probably due to the 18.104.22.168 upgrade
- Lots of firewall issues
- App on Windows that can track what Firewalls are running
- Should ask mconnor about the connection self-diagnostics in Firefox 
- Looking into using trolly's EnumProcess 
- Sounds like he likes the input on suggested changes, and also wants help testing it
- Jason to post link to the software in the newsgroup
- Lots of firewall issues
- Software upgraded.
- Mostly bug fixes, e.g. permanent links to forum posts
- Added "Report a post" feature.
- Looking for feedback on the biggest problems. 
- Not possible to cache
- Some of the most annoying problems are not forum specific - cache bug makes us lose textarea contents when pressing back.
- Not much done last week
- Stats up 267 chats requested, 51 unanswered, 3 people left on their own, 48 never made it to an agent
- Updated the server this week
- Renewed license for another 6 months
- Why was Live Chat down last week?
- Server restart, then IT upgraded the software. Everytime the server restarts, the Openfire process needs to start up manually
- Lucy to file IT request to get this fixed