Support/Weekly Meetings/Notes 2011-11-07
Mondays (meeting duration approx. 30-45 minutes) at:
- 9:00 AM PST
- 12:00 Noon EST
- 16:00 UTC during summer
- 18:00 CET
- 11:00 CST
Phone call details:
- California: 1-650-903-0800, x92 then 9309 then #,
- Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, pin 369 - then 9309 then #
- Skype (free): +1 800 707 2533, pin 369 - then 9309 then #
irc.mozilla.org: #sumo <== Click the link to use web-based chat
Sumo Development Update
- 11-08-11 tomorrow
- 11-15-11 next week
- SUMOdev starting on the Karma dashboard implementation is starting this week
- Cheng to check what's happening with updates for 3.6 and the "what's new page"
- Crystal posted updates to the feature of collecting information about why an article wasn't helpful
Firefox Status Update
- Firefox 8 launches tomorrow. New Beta, Aurora and Nightlies should be out by Thursday or so.
- Cheng working on list of potential problems today and finding out whether or not we're doing a what's new page
- Maybe we should have another SUMO day in the support forum when/if we do a major update notice to Fx 3.6 users
- We can add a prominent link to the common questions article on the home page for new fx 8 users
- Cheng to post a list of Extensions that are and are not affected by this version, regarding the deactivation of extensions
- Kadir mentions the uptake on the number of unhelpful votes, Cheng points out that it's probably caused by the feature that Thread Owners can vote on replies now.
- Mobile specific
- We'll soon be able to use the article review process to do an actual review. Tomorrow we'll add the ability to use up to 2000 characters in you note to the author of the revision (up from 255) and next week we'll start sending that note to everyone who has worked on the article since the last approved revision. These two features will allow reviewers to write specific, constructive feedback on revisions and send that information to everyone who contributed to the revision.
- A system for tracking article updates is in progress now and scheduled for 11/15.