Support/Weekly Meetings/Notes 2012-03-12
Mondays (meeting duration approx. 30 minutes) at:
- 9:00 AM PST
- 12:00 Noon EST
- 16:00 UTC during summer
- 18:00 CET
- 11:00 CST
Phone call details:
- California: 1-650-903-0800, x92 then 9309 then #,
- Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, pin 369 - then 9309 then #
- Skype (free): +1 800 707 2533, pin 369 - then 9309 then #
irc.mozilla.org: #sumo <== Click the link to use web-based chat
Sumo Development Update
- End of 2012.5 sprint
- Start of 2012.6 sprint
- ES @ 80%. We should get to 100% this week :-)
- Continuous Deployment! We pushed 7 times last week.
- Article category sort is done. View the result, and our rename recommendations.
- Sitemap test of our task-based workflow is done. View the result, and our comments.
- Sitemap test of our product-based workflow is done. View the result, and our comments.
- Engaged Verdi on article renaming. See the link from the first item.
- Engaged Ibai and Matt_g on building the search engine synonyms that we have started.
- I have assembled a To-do List document with action items for content strategy as well as Bugzilla items to fill for the next few sprints.
What is due this week:
- One more sitemap test, which is a combination of the task-based and product-based workflows
- The new information architecture
- Phase 2 presentation (may be set next week)
What happens after this:
- Phase 3: I am going to be designing a lot of paper prototypes, putting the structure into design
- We will test it with users, face to face, and refine
- I also plan on revising SUMO’s front page with the new IA that Susan had developed, in preparation for the new design. Michelle is doing the same with the Mobile front page.
Please add your comments, questions and updates here.
- Blog post about Firefox Clinic
- Michael to engage Mozilla staff for this.
- SUMO staff will meet in San Francisco the from March 26 - 30. People traveling will arrive sometime the week before.
- Some parts of the Firefox Reset feature may make Firefox 13
Firefox Status Update
- Firefox 11 is on hold because of a bunch of things. Let's call the status minute-by-minute.
- Lots of progress on add-on related issues:
- Working with kev on a dashboard to track issues
- Doing followup on possible blocklisting policy changes
- Faster action on the top add-on issue reported last week: Ant Video Downloader
- Progress on search hijacking work: landed, looking at feedback about it. 
- KPI dashboard
- Kadir to figure out if there are any stats that are not on the KPI dashboard yet and need to be tracked weekly
- Mobile specific
- Kadir and Michelle to figure out, which part of this document to automate and put on the KPI dashboard.
- Firefox 11 will be out sometime this week - we'll be documenting breaking issues.
- Firefox 12 updates need to be worked on - there are not many things to document.
- MWC was very exciting, very positive reaction to NativeUI
- NativeUI beta is planned for mid-April or end of May
- Basic getting started article update is nearly ready for L10N
- Michelle & Bram working on taxonomy recommendation implementation for start page & landing pages
- Mozilla Marketplace Preview delayed to April 26th
- Next SUMO day is on Thursday March 15th
11:01 Matt_G: Topal: You just got back from vacation? Where did you go?
11:05 Topal: Matt_G: hey there. yes, back from vacation. I was actually writing my thesis.
11:05 Matt_G: Topal: Very cool :) Lots of work, but very rewarding!
11:07 Topal: Matt_G: indeed.
11:53 bram: Matt_G: it has been most helpful (I haven’t gotten a chance to properly take a look at your recommendations). I focus on adding more things into that list from our test findings :)
11:53 Matt_G: bram: Yes, I saw a few of your additions when I was working through the list. Looks spot on ;)
11:54 bram: Matt_G: and it’s still growing. boy, there are a lot of things to do