Support/Weekly Meetings/Notes 2012-07-02
Mondays (meeting duration approx. 60 minutes) at:
- 9:00 AM PST
- 12:00 Noon EST
- 16:00 UTC during summer
- 18:00 CET
- 11:00 CST
Phone call details:
- California: 1-650-903-0800, x92 then 9309 then #,
- Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, pin 369 - then 9309 then #
- Skype (free): +1 800 707 2533, pin 369 - then 9309 then #
Participate in the video:
- Video link (You'll have to download and install the Vidyo Desktop client)
irc.mozilla.org: #sumo <== Click the link to use web-based chat
Sumo Development Update
- 2012.12 sprint
- Unified search is active for 50% of users.
- Army of Awesome snippets are now editable in the KB
- We are locking questions older than 180 days in the forum now [forum post]
- 2012.13 sprint
- Priority 1: Back end implementation for new iA
- Priority 2: Improved understanding of search scoring
- Sparse availability for the next two weeks for packing and moving, but I may be available for this meeting.
- Started UX work for auto-nav
- Started work on Army of Awesome visual design refinements
- Work on the Ask A Question flow is also ongoing
- Please add your comments, questions and updates here.
Just to let everyone to know the irc meeting is going to be held on thursday 2nd august https://etherpad.mozilla.org/sumo-ircmeet-august2012 #sumomeet on irc.mozilla.org at 4pm GMT +1 - satdav
- http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/forums/contributors/708458 SUMO Survey just to remind everyone
- The survey is closing on Friday
Firefox Status Update
- Firefox 14 release is in two weeks
- Realplayer supposedly released a new version that solved the issues with Flash in protected.
- KPIs have legends now.
- Heads up: Traditionally contributor numbers drop between July and August.
- Our solved rate is going down, might be related to the above, might be the type of questions. I didn't have the time yet to investigate this further, would greatly appreciate, if someone wants to lend a hand.
- Working on trying to figure out reasons behind this. One is that Self-Help is being utilized more, so technical questions are a higher percentage. I will give a presentation at the work week and have more concrete answers and some possible solutions. - Tyler
- Special SUMO Day for Firefox for Android: all mobile tagged questions on the support forum were answered, we also had contributors active on Twitter and Facebook
- New titles, tags and summaries for all KB articles are done. When these changes are marked ready for L10n our Localization % will probably fall pretty close to zero.
- Articles will be marked ready after the Firefox 14
- Firefox for Android re-launch, thanks to everyone who contributed to this awesome re-release!
- 61 questions in the forum for mobile this week, great job everyone answering and linking to articles (most are related to device support/tablets, but also a few bugs filed based on support requests).
- Thanks to localizers who worked hard on mobile content for the launch and those who jumped in to respond to my late requests for default languages
- 30k+ views on the mobile landing page, article helpfulness is above average for mobile
- Overall, reviews are very good, the market rating is up .1 this week for release and beta
- Services team is now integrated with Firefox
- B2g is now Firefox OS, see http://blog.mozilla.org/blog/2012/07/02/firefox-mobile-os/