Support/Weekly Meetings/Notes 2016-10-26
Meeting Details (scroll down for the agenda)
(meeting duration approx. 30 minutes) starting at:
11:00 :00 EDT
- California: 1-650-903-0800, x92 then 98437 then #
- Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, pin 369 - then 98437 then #
- Skype (free): +1 800 707 2533, pin 369 - then 98437 then #
Participate in the video:
- Video link => https://v.mozilla.com/flex.html?roomdirect.html&key=XhVLBG3KfHs2 (You'll have to download and install the Vidyo Desktop client)
- Watch the meeting live via Vidyo => https://vreplay.mozilla.com/replay/webcastShow.html?key=7XJSKkkHrCE9ZP4
- AirMozilla: https://air.mozilla.org/search/?q=sumo
Read the most important updates from this meeting at:
http://blog.mozilla.org/sumo (updated every week)
irc.mozilla.org #sumo - web-based IRC: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.mozilla.org/sumo
Participants (add your name and profile):
- Seburo - (Not at the meeting, just submitting a question in advance)
- vesper (Michal)
- Mohamed Adib Boukthir
======== AGENDA ========
ACTION ITEMS FROM LAST WEEK
===== UPDATES AND ANNOUNCEMENTS =====
=== COMMUNITY ===
- shout out to Jhonatas https://twitter.com/mozilla/status/790641810519580672
Contributor(s) of the week:
- KB superstars: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/community/top-contributors/l10n/new?startdate=2016-10-19&enddate=2016-10-26
- Forum superstars: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/community/top-contributors/questions/new?startdate=2016-10-19&enddate=2016-10-26
Knowledge Base / L10n
Articles ready for l10n:
[migration] l10n not ready to be shown yet, more details to come, thank you for your patience
trivia: over 460 revisions submitted in the KB over the last 7 days! THANK YOU ALL!
- [Sierra update]
- Today there will be a Respond training with Tyler from Respond for those of you who received an email
- If you did not receive an e-mail from please e-mail me firstname.lastname@example.org! We want to get you onboarded to Respond as soon as possible so please feel free to reach out to me any questions.
- Unable to attend today's training? No problem! E-mail me and I'll send you the Doodle if you did not receive it so we can book more training ASAP.
- Active AoA members, it will be going away in 3 weeks look for communication around that at the end of the week.
- Want to nominate someone to receive a shout out from Mozilla for great SUMO and contributor work? Send me an email or ping me on Telegram (sierrar) and let's chat!!!
- Welcome to these new folks paymon23, meinerHeld, DrrnDyl, Ana Sofia Lopez, and Marto Nieto G
- fixed minor outage - https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/forums/contributors/712244?last=70650
General community news:
Question(s) from Seburo: Is there any update on the cause/ solution to the ongoing fake Fx update/malware issue?
- [Rachel] https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1033450 - also reached out to the know - who on this issue for more info if there is any.
- [Seburo] Work has stopped on that ^ since May. If it is now live, it may not be working. Is this malware being triggered by ads? What should we tell users to do to prevent it?
Given this issue, is there any way to speak to Marketing about campaigns such as the "Firefox Census" and "Browse or Die" (http://www.ghacks.net/2016/10/17/mozillas-browse-free-or-die-problematic/) and putting these types of campaigns on hold for a while?
- Whilst the census was delivered by email to those on the mailing list (so could be "safer") the sticker campaign does look a little suspect. I agree that we want to boost the brand, but now may not be the best time to do random pop ups and ask for personal information given how the malware is using Fx brand assets.
- Notes: The campaign is voluntary and is in the side browser. The concern has been raised to Marketing, thank you. As for the census, there is a low risk and has no personal identifiable info. It is all anonymous in the email list and the snippet.
=== PRODUCT UPDATES ===
2 weeks to release! FF Android 50: HLS video coming up for Firefox for Android? Maybe ;-)
- HLS was developed by Apple for video streaming but it now also works with video files
- Because it works on the iPhone and iPad (unlike many video formats), HLS is used by many many videos, so it's great to HLS support in FFAndroid even if there are issues
Adobe Flash Security Update: https://helpx.adobe.com/security/products/flash-player/apsb16-36.html
===== DECISIONS AND ACTION ITEMS =====
- !! If you see users with the fake update / malware issue, tell them to update to version 49, where this should be fixed !!