11th March 2008
- code now works fine despite short period of being broken
- uploaded installation and configuration guide on wiki
- is there an area of performance where we'd like Moh's team to focus?
- edwin: interpreter
- ACTION: Moh will look into some hot loops (not readu30) and provide additional information
- is this loop related to double-byte characters not being processed efficiently? Steven would need more details to confirm.
- there are other performance tools available. could other tools be useful?
- we're most interested in tuning the interpreter and the generated code.
- speed is a bigger issue than memory footprint for the interpreter
- what are the upper bounds of footprint? we are targeting:
- memory: 128K RAM
- code: 100K
- Steven is continuing to work on bugs
- Edwin is working on tracetree algorithm, which uses interpreter.cpp
- There has been a lot of work on the spec, which is part of why there hasn't been a lot of development recently.
- posted updates to mini-tracing patch
- still slightly crashy but can run about half of the sunspider cases now -- getting better!
- ACTION: Edwin will add an updated tracetree patch to bugzilla later this week (txt patch is fine)
- Steven suggests rebuilding with superwords turned off; this might inprove things.
- one of the program managers from the flash player team (me or Scott Unterberg) will start attending these meetings
- let us know how we can help!