25th March 2008
- Adobe: Edwin, Jennifer, Scott, Erik, Rick, Dan
- Mozilla: Graydon, Benjamin, Mark, Chris
- Intel: Moh, Shengnan, Marsha, Karthik, Mingqui Sun
- ACTION: Edwin/Scott/or Jennifer to send out call for action items each Monday- these will be posted on the wiki
- ACTION: Benjamin needs tom to review bug 423692
- ACTION: Edwin: raise the priority of fixing string implementation -- The TT string optimization bug is https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=411163
- ACTION: Graydon: Per "callgrind" (call-graph profiler derived from "valgrind") - as hotspots are found, log bugs for them with profile data
Previous Action Items
- ACTION: moh will look at GCbench test and suggest some optimizations. -- looked at memset and memcopy; optimizations are already in visual studio. will look at other platforms.
- ACTION: tom will see if he can find additional GC/memset tests to recommend to moh and post to test directory. maybe GCheap?
- ACTION: graydon will investigate Google "Summer of Code" agenda -- we're welcome to propose items to present.
- working on trace trees
- main strategy is "pruning" so trees don't get so "bushy"
- how do people feel about meeting twice a month, instead of every week?
- moh suggests it would be better to keep weekly meeting on the calendars
- edwin, scott, or jennifer will send out a call for agenda items on mondays
- if there are hot topics, we'll meet. if not, we won't.
- ACTION: needs tom to review bug 423692
- vtune patch for central has been checked in
- instructions are posted on tamarin wiki
- been trying to profile sunspider benchmark
- string-unpack provided an opportunity for optimization -- 4-5% improvement
- other benchmarks seem a bit too small for profling (run for less than 1 second)
- kathik will send patch to edwin, rick, or tom for review
- had been preparing for a conference, where discussed the future of mozilla and tamarin.
- lots of excitement!
- interest in ironmonkey
- will be catching up with compiler updates soon
- has identified some more hotspots
- submitted patch for bug 424891 this week, which was more effective than all mini-tracing work so far. wow!
- ACTION: edwin wants to raise the priority of fixing string implementation -- The TT string optimization bug is https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=411163
- steven is on vacation but interested in tracing
- ACTION: Per "callgrind" (call-graph profiler derived from "valgrind") - as hotspots are found, log bugs for them with profile data