17th June 2008
- Adobe: Steven, Vladimir, Edwin
- Intel: Moh, Carmen, Jungwoo, Mingqiu
- Mozilla: Brendan, jorendorff, Andreas Gal
- Mingqiu talked about two optimizations offered for TC: Array.unshift and some prefetching in String code.
- The unshift opt
- The prefetch opt
- Those two opts show good performance improvement on sunspider and JS speed. More details at
- Edwin talked about the freshly-pushed code that pipelines trace-recording and assembling, giving background about why we did it and how it works — he’s going to write up more info about how to interpret the new verbose mode. There was some discussion as to how the pipeline might be parallelized.
- Edwin & Steven mentioned that Michael Daumling’s rewrite of TT String is looking good and will probably be ready by end of week.
- Edwin mentioned that we are hopefully about a week away from trace trees being ready to push.