December 3, 2008
- Intel: Shengnan
- Adobe: Edwin Smith, Steven Johnson, Tom Harwood, Leslie, Lars, Jeff Dyer, Rob Winchell, Rob Borcic, Trevor Baker, Dan Schaffer, Brent Baker, Dan Smith, Rick Reitmaier, Rishit Shah
Agenda Items Discussed
- Status of TC Release (Trevor Baker)
- Power PC Status (Edwin Smith)
- X64 Update (Rick Reitmaier)
- Global Optimizer (Tom Harwood)
- Verifier (Jeff Dyer)
Status of Tamarin Central Release (Trevor Baker)
- All acceptance tests passing - revision 703 of TC is stable
- Trevor to send changelist to list and post on other locations.
- Code size - 79 K bigger than VM in Flash 10
- Prior to merge from Redux, we had reduced by 85K
- Performance - faster across the board. Most dramatic improvement linux using interpreter flash player 10 up to 182% faster
- Memory usage
- mac using 8% less memory
- every other platform using more (worst is using forceMIR on Windows using about 22% more memory)
- ACTION for QE to be added to backlog: Need a measure relative to the flash 10 VM
- Release notes (detailing changelist) will be provided.
Power PC Status (Edwin)
- PPC Nanojit port, now at Beta quality, code here - 
- Tracking bug here: 
- Performance is decent, ranging from slightly slower to 25% faster on sunspider/* and misc/*.
X64 Update (Rick)
- Still working on build and it is starting to generate LIR updates
- Found a problem with LIR generation that is being tracked down
Global Optmizer (Tom H)
- Now it can optimize and run most programs
- working on a deployment guide
- Performance - code size reduced by 15-20% (with standard deviation about the same)
- Still improving the code generated on the backend
- Will look at LVM integration and getting better error behavior
- GO will be posted on opensource.adobe.com (when it is in its final state)
Verifier (Jeff Dyer)
- Will post notes to tamarin devel list and check into tamarin repository
- Need a doc directory in Tamarin (off of the root)
- Feel free to review doc when posted
- Will create a separate bug to track the verifier documentation
- Next step is to do some refactoring of the verifier to separate code generation and verification logic.
Compiler Issue with Sun Sparc (Brent)
- Brent will ping Leon (bug for Sun Studio compiler) to see if there is an update as to when the compiler will be fixed.
- current issue is to modify code to get around issues for sun studio compiler for nanojit to work. Leon seemed to think it will be fixed in the sun compiler.