Firefox Performance Test Engineering 🔥🦊⏱
Who we are
- Dave Hunt [:davehunt] 🇬🇧
- Stephen Donner [:stephend] 🇺🇸
- Rob Wood [:rwood] 🇨🇦
- Greg Mierzwinski [:sparky] 🇨🇦
- Ionuț Goldan [:igoldan] 🇷🇴
- Florian Strugariu [:bebe] 🇷🇴
- Marian Raiciof [:marauder] 🇷🇴
- Alex Ionescu [:alexandrui] 🇷🇴
- Alex Irimovici [:air] 🇷🇴
- Octavian Negru [:onegru] 🇷🇴
Where to find us
- Slack: #perftest
What we do
We provide automated testing support for measuring the performance of Firefox products. Here are a few examples of what you can expect our team to be working on.
- Provide advice/troubleshooting related to performance testing or any of our tools and harnesses.
- Develop test plans that involve automation of performance testing.
- Prototype, build, and maintain test harnesses for performance testing.
- Monitoring and reporting of performance regressions.
What we don't do
- Own all performance tests. We work on the test harnesses and tools that are used for performance testing, but the tests themselves are often developed outside of our team. Every test should have an owner, who is responsible for responding to questions related to the test, and may be asked to assist when the test detects a regression.
- Review all performance tests. Similar to test ownership, we enable others to contribute performance tests. We can provide advice and reviews, but do not impose this as a restriction to landing test changes.
- Maintain the infrastructure the tests run on
- Maintain the continuous integration pipeline
- Maintain the reporting tools
- When: Weekly on Wednesdays at 16:00 UTC (08:00 PST, 11:00 EST, 18:00 EET)
- Where: Zoom ID 110-819-485
- Notes: Google Docs
Welcome to the team! You are encouraged to improve the onboarding page. If you need to ask questions that are not already covered, please update the page so that the next person has a better onboarding experience.
- KR1.3: Fenix Startup Test Development [rwood] [NOT STARTED] [%]
- KR3.1: Video QoE testing for desktop [marauder] [ON TRACK] [90%]
- KR3.2: Video QoE testing for Fenix [marauder] [DONE] [100%]
- KR3.4: Complete MVP for browsertime in CI [rwood] [ON TRACK] [90%]
- KR4.1: Migrate CI from Chromium to Chrome [sparky] [CHALLENGED] [40%]
- KR4.2: Power tests on macOS laptops [sparky] [ON TRACK] [95%]
- KR6.6: Improve perf sheriff efficiency [igoldan] [ON TRACK] [80%]
See our 🚧 results page 🚧.