Firefox Performance Test Engineering 🔥🦊⏱
Who we are
- Dave Hunt [:davehunt] 🇬🇧
- Greg Mierzwinski [:sparky] 🇨🇦
- Ionuț Goldan [:igoldan] 🇷🇴
- Florian Strugariu [:bebe] 🇷🇴
- Marian Raiciof [:marauder] 🇷🇴
- Alex Ionescu [:alexandrui] 🇷🇴
- Alex Irimovici [:air] 🇷🇴
- Octavian Negru [:onegru] 🇷🇴
Where to find us
To support the infrastructure and creation of automated tests for evaluating the performance of Firefox products. This provides value by exposing gaps in coverage, revealing areas where we can make performance gains, identifying performance regressions in a timely manner, and by providing key performance metrics that assist in determining how Firefox measures against release criteria.
What we do
- Identification of gaps in performance test infrastructure and monitoring.
- Designing and building performance test infrastructure and monitoring solutions.
- Supporting Firefox engineers on writing performance tests.
- Supporting Firefox engineers on investigating regressions identified by tests.
- Collaboration with release operations on infrastructure requirements.
- Standing up performance tests in continuous integration environments.
- Monitoring performance test results and identifying potential regressions.
- Supporting performance sheriffs with tools to assist in identifying regressions.
- Developing test plans for performance testing.
- Running adhoc manual or partially automated performance testing.
What we don't do
- Maintenance of infrastructure hardware.
- Maintain the continuous integration pipeline.
- Writing/maintaining all performance tests.
- When: Weekly on Wednesdays at 16:00 UTC (08:00 PST, 11:00 EST, 18:00 EET)
- Where: Zoom ID 110-819-485
- Notes: Google Docs
Welcome to the team! You are encouraged to improve the onboarding page. If you need to ask questions that are not already covered, please update the page so that the next person has a better onboarding experience.
- KR3: Perfherder Alerts Enhancements
- KR4: Mobile Visual Metrics in CI
- KR5: Auto Backfill Investigation
See our 🚧 results page 🚧.