Thunderbird Meeting Details :
- Who's taking minutes? --> dmose
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to davida for schedule changes/additions.
- Planned Freeze Dates ( All dates use time of 23:59 PST )
- Slushy String freeze date: 2009-04-28 (Tuesday)
- Slushy Code Freeze date: 2009-04-30 (Thursday)
- Firm String / Code freeze date: 2009-05-05 (Tuesday)
- l10n-mozilla-1.9.1 freeze date: 2009-05-07 (Thursday)
- Target Build Ship date: 2009-05-12 (Tuesday)
- dmose is release driver
- gozer is build engineer
- Proposed Blocking
- Proposed Blockers (b3) 1 (0)
- Six weekly milestones ([m1] - [m6]) have been created to help spread out b3ux feature work across the milestone and avoid lots of hard landings / misses at the end of the cycle.
- davida driving [b3ux]
- davida: too many bugs? slip or cut
- various discussion; general feeling seemed to be that shipping was very important
- Bug-owners: please try to find a little time (an hour?) and go through as many bugs as you can and add a few paragraphs about implementation strategy and test plan. This will be helpful for both QA and for convincing people to step up to the plate for new bugs, and the hope is that it will actually be a net win as far as time spent goes, despite requiring the time-investment up-front.
- Please try and write at least one TestPlan this week
- Proposed Blocking
- Proposed Blockers (all): 16 (+4)
- Please set bugs to assigned status (as well as owner to you) if you want to do them.
- If you have other bugs assigned to you that you don't want to do, please reassign or discuss with drivers.
- Standard8 starting to pull together plans for the release.
- eg nailing down specific dates
- straw-man proposal for branching:
- branch comm-central just before b3
- lock down branch right after b3 ships
- Moved two initial test days to one -> Next Week
- Held a special bug day around QA wanted bugs
- Started a discussion on improving QA contributions
- working with gozer on testing a replacement for IRC
- Would love to see more TestPlans (still only one so far)
- Improvements to SpreadThunderbird, layout changes, added a couple folks to the core team, added identica group and looking to do more in Facebook group. Targeting poster contest for next week.
- Working through steady stream of GetSatisfaction! questions.
- Press work/planning for launch.
- should we have an IT update?
- gozer in MV to coordinate moving MoMo machine gear across racks
- some downtime (probably April 29); more info to come
- server hardware capacity of various close to maxed out; new hardware on order
- GPG-in-hardware cards for signing Tb3 builds
- this past week
- In Vancouver, BC list week to work with MoMo folks there
- finished localizedRe unit test bug; should land today
- 3.0b3 driving work
- a few reviews
- various calendaring discussions
- Mozmill work
- Planning for the summer
- Bugdays, b.m.o, ...
- Reviews & Driving
- Holidays (Easter)
- First patch for bug 466527 "Setting the mail start page to non-redirects causes bad display of what's new tab" updated & pushed.
- Came to the conclusion that the patch written for bug 485395 (Never prompted for password, so auth always fails - log in failures with % or @ in username) was sufficient, therefore posted for review.
- More experiments - filed bug 487385 and bug 487391
- Now in a position where we can try and move forward with getting versions of scripts that can run TB + mozmill for bloat and for automated tests.
- Helpwanted: expand the current patches for TB + mozmill scripts to cover what we need, full explanation and what is wanted Bug 458352 comment 3
- Send in Background
- bug 440794 Wrote patch to start integrating send in background with the shutdown service - this doesn't work completely on all platforms because of bug 459376 doing WIP patch. The integration will ensure that if we are already sending an email when we try to shut down, we'll wait until we have sent it before continuing.
Goals for this week:
- Send in background
- Expand shutdown to cover pending messages to send.
- Extend policy to cope with failures to send and deal with re-sends.
- refactoring, tests, more refactoring
- multiple real world intrusions
- Shark builds are now available
- Trunk builds are GREEN again
- Try Server
- Getting good patch review love
- Running all 3 platforms now
- OS X is experiencing a lot of problems cloning hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central
- Working with Paul on various Drupal upgrades
- Colo Rack move will most likely happen April 29th, more details to come
- New hardware being ordered today!
- working on beefing up triager ranks
- extended bugzilla privs to macmel (ludo's neighbor) and Jay Moran
- in last 180 days: 1,384 bug filers, ~1,100 filing only one bug, 275 filing 2-3 bugs, 75 4-9 bugs, 35 >10 bugs
- will do round 2 of recruiting from this info (round one happened spring 2008)
- good conversation with Josh Berkus (:jberkus) who is interested in advising on volunteerism come May
- first pass on password/pwd bugs (and moving most to component=security)
- war on profile/startup bugs continues
- Released new betas of Eudora and Penelope
- Crash symbols for all three OSes are up and working correctly
- Looking at getting updates to work
- Made a possible fix for bug 464616, but I don't know for sure because I can't get the bug to reproduce
- Fixed bug 488228 about:config being opened on restore when Pref window being opened
- bug 488116 a common unit test buildbot factory for SeaMonkey and Thunderbird is ready and should land within days
- bug 316387 preprocessing version numbers into module.ver for Windows .exe files has a patch now
- Early stage of talks and start of planning for MozCamp Vienna in October (local event on the open net, organized by Mozilla)
- working on Google Summer of Code application decisions
- Q2 - Q3 goal planning.
- Working through GetSatisfaction queue and drafting support requirements.
- Press work: Washington Post, other planning.
Worked on :
- bug 487589 : input for this change welcome - the sooner we get this the better
- Reorganize Testing events
- Played a more with mozmill
Worked planned :
- Preparing test plan for next test day
- Prepare litmus test run
- Do some triage
- Spent some time trying to get a Bluetooth headset to work.
- Gave up and bought a wired one instead, fought that a bit.
- Sent roadmap to David and Bryan
- Installed Vista and got it up and running.
- Last Week
- Linux account central icons
- Vista compose icons
- Vista preferences icons
- This week
- More Vista icons and theme work.
- Activity manager work
- Track Linux changes in bugzilla and wiki.