Thunderbird Meeting Details :
- Who's taking minutes? --> Standard8
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to davida for schedule changes/additions.
- Important piece to land is new search functionality bug 474701 - aiming to land before or on next Tuesday
- Will therefore wait until next week before making a decision about dates.
- Looking to ship beta 3 in small number of weeks.
- Planned Freeze Dates ( All dates use time of 23:59 PST )
- Slushy String freeze date: TBD
- Slushy Code Freeze date: TBD
- Firm String / Code freeze date: TBD
- l10n-mozilla-1.9.1 freeze date: TBD
- Target Build Ship date: TBD
- dmose is release driver
- gozer is build engineer
- Proposed Blocking
- Proposed Blockers (b3) 0 (-1)
- Proposed Blocking
- Proposed Blockers (all): 33 (+14)
- Please set bugs to assigned status (as well as owner to you) if you want to do them.
- If you have other bugs assigned to you that you don't want to do, please reassign or discuss with drivers.
- when confirming bugs in component=General, please move but to better component (otherwise General because a dumping ground)
- Had a Gmail special Bugday last week - with very low participation. Due probably that 1st of May was a day off in most parts of the world.
- Gmail will probably be carried over to this week
- Waiting on schedule updates to reorganize testing
- Wondering on the best method to get developer's attention on crashers
- Use the current method of nominating top crashes with the blocking flag.
- Interviewing candidates for support.
- Evaluating PR companies. Should have a decision within the next couple weeks.
- Press mentions: Beta doesn't always mean better; Email software needs a rewrite; Zimbra 1.0 Desktop Released
- talking to devs about how to provide "New in TB3" info (larger process enhancements after TB3)
- talking to community about forming an advisory committee / getting community involvement with docs
- housecleaning and updating "infrastructure" docs
- good progress on bug 454829 and bug 466644
- working on poptarts this week
- last week
- participated in MoCo onsite
- very productive sessions, esp. module owners && new UX keywords
- unstuck a few things; recruited a few volunteers to look at tb3 blockers
- worked on slimming down daily triage tasks
- driving work
- participated in MoCo onsite
- goals for this week
- close out compact message header discussion
- security review planning
- calendar organizational work
- get back on the 1-hour-a-day code review track
- Lots of bug triaging, JS assertions in mail.
- Reviews & Triage
- Few days holiday.
- Attended the test day. Fixed crash bug 489779 that was found during the day (send in background/later combination).
- Activity Manager
- bug 489588 Hooked up activity manager events and processes to the status bar.
- Send in background bug 440794
- Did a couple of patches reworking the notification system, so that hopefully will have something sane to be able to hook up automatic retry etc. Still needs some work to refine it.
- Almost have shutdown protection working for the case where we don't get quit-application-requested.
- Content Policy
- We're still not (quite) in a position to tidy up our leak output in mailnews (due to bug 384339, then bug 438922 can be checked in).
- However, took a brief look at leaks in xpcshell unit tests - Fixed some leaks due to the tests themselves bug 490468, and fixed one in address book import bug 490602.
- Remaining leaks look minor or possible problems with how the tests tidy themselves up (or don't). Probably will schedule 1 day post b3 to take another look at resolving these.
- Old patch submission (these had been sitting in my mq for a while):
- Beta 3 blockers!
- Reviews and driving
- Autoconfig landed (english only)
- Smart Folders landed
- Archive folder granularity landed
- Fixed blanking out of message pane when deleting message from smart folder, bug 474725
- make copy service return immediately on attempts to move/copy a msg to and from the same folder, and fix archive not to do that bug 490990
- Fixed imap download when going offline bug 471695
- Fixed hang with quick search when msg threading ancestry hierarchy has loops, bug 489711
- Wrote patch for XLIST support bug 476260
- Triage & looking at blocking bugs
- triaged *sync* bugs
- triaging memory bugs
- triaging double click
- triaged drag and drop
- helped setup bugday
- poked on litmus performance
- Got updates working for Eudora on an internal web server, and will have updates available on a production server for the next beta release
- Submitted a patch to improve logging of the update service bug 491436
I return from my trip to Azerbaijan on Thursday night, but with 12 hours of jet lag and life to catch up with, it may be awhile before I return to normal. I've been working on adding a post-bayes filter context under bug 198100, which will allow filtering on junk characteristics. At the same time I'm hoping to provide a body filter capability to locally-stored IMAP in the same patch. This is the last major feature that I hope to land before b3. As I look at my assign list, I still have a number of minor non-blocking bugs in areas that I work in that I want to try to land in TB3. But I will also want to mix in some b3 blockers. Anyone who is familiar with my capabilities should feel free to suggest specific blockers for me to investigate.
- Moco onsite. Coordinating with Mozilla marketing and International teams.
- Interviews, PR work.
- GetSatisfaction contract.
- Off last Thursday and Friday
- Organized bugday
- This week
- Try to organize testing with new schedule
- Try to finnish mozmill bloat launcher
- last week (and the week before):
- vista, mac and linux icons for activity manager
- vista theme work
- mac theme work
- hunted down the big Swedish ISP e-mail data for autoconfiguration
- Linux account central
- this week:
- finish the activity manager icons
- blog about theme changes on Linux
- archive icons for all platforms
- more vista and xp theme work
- more pinstripe work
davida, dmose, standard8, bienvenu, asuth, clarkbw, wsmwk, beckley, KaiRo, rebron, Tsk, andreasn