last meeting | index | next meeting »
Thunderbird Meeting Details :
- Tuesday, May 19th, 16:30 UTC (9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern)
- How to dial-in
- Who's taking minutes? --> _Tsk_
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to davida for schedule changes/additions.
- Autoconfig process - Ludo
- Muting status meeting - gozer
Thunderbird 3 Beta 3
- Planned Freeze Dates ( All dates use time of 23:59 PST )
- Slushy String freeze date: TBD
- Slushy Code Freeze date: TBD
- Firm String / Code freeze date: TBD
- l10n-mozilla-1.9.1 freeze date: TBD
- Target Build Ship date: TBD
- dmose is release driver
- gozer is build engineer
- Search will be landing over the next week or two and then we'll finish up the beta.
- try server build while the patch is being reviewed
- once it lands dates for b3 and b4.
- Have a look at your bugs and triage for blockerb3 or push to b4
- TB 3.0b3 - blocking 57 (-6)
- TB 3.0b3 - wanted 25 (-3)
- b3ux 24 (-1)
- Proposed Blocking
- Proposed Blockers (b3) 1 (0)
- TB 3.0b3 - blocking 92 (+13)
- TB 3.0b3 - wanted 29 (+5)
We will have a beta4 - quick cycle for it.
- We're planning on adding one more beta - lots of work is getting done but the blocker list isn't going down as quickly as we need it to, mostly because of the reality that landing big new features adds bugs.
- blocking-thunderbird3+ 134 (0)
- TB 3 Needs: 5 (+1)
- Proposed Blocking
- Proposed Blockers (all): 22 (+2)
- Please set bugs to assigned status (as well as owner to you) if you want to do them.
- If you have other bugs assigned to you that you don't want to do, please reassign or discuss with drivers.
- Did a linux special last week - people from Fedora and OpenSuse projects showed up - a few bugs got updated.
- Doing the gmail special this week
- Gary's starting week (for the summer)
- looking into reducing the number of in-litmus? requests
- Getting PR team on board.
- Still searching for Tech Support Lead.
- All new hardware initial setup completed
- GPG build signing is ready for testing
- Catching up with mozilla's buildbot setup is going great
- This week: trying different way to improve our build machines IO performance.
- created new TB doc page (based on DavidA's draft): An overview of the Thunderbird interface. In progress: still need to gather IDLs relevant to each section, get volunteer help in writing snippets that illustrate the examples, edit, screenshots, etc. I'll ask for reviews and contributions later this week.
- created version templates (based on Sheppy's FF templates)
- talked to humph regarding getting TB community contributions to docs (and generally raising profile of TB within the Mozilla community)
- talked to Justin regarding TB on Mozilla add-ons blog
- Have we considered UI appearance on Netbook devices?
- Example images (on Ubuntu Netbook Remix on a 10" Acer AspireOne AOD 150):
Bryan - Yes - 800x600 we should work in. Not optimized - but it should work.
- Tested runtest.py (Mozmill automation script) last week.
- Triage, QA, bugdays.
- Starting for the summer.
- Just back in Hong Kong for the summer - getting ADSL in-the-house on Friday, now on public wi-fi which can be quite unstable.
- Thus, working more on Bugzilla triaging this week.
- Landed bug 467116 -- Merge default client dialog and search integration dialog into an "OS Integration" dialog.
- Fixed bug 482966 -- MAPI support for Windows Explorer Send To Mail Recipient doesn't work in 3.0b2 (regression due to jemalloc)
- Spinoff: looked at bug 493060 -- Installer default mail client option doesn't set it correctly on Windows XP. Looks like rs is fixing this for Firefox.
- Worked on bug 466227 -- gloda should index non-offline headers too. Patch looks almost ready, waiting for additional tests from bug 474701.
- account summary hoping to get review this week
- board meetings
- Looking for a |support employee
- last week
- driving / reviews
- ongoing content policy & other architectural discussions
- calendaring work
- goals for this week
- get content policy security review scheduled
- message header coding
- b3 driving
- Reviews & Driving
- bug 374578 Landed content policy patch
- Did some more on bug 326809 'modernize nsIMsgHeaderParser - |string| and |wstring| vs AString and AUTF8String' as the interface change meant bwinton could then use the interface for his patch on blocking bug 45715
- bug 492279 Cookie Policies (improving policy for RSS & extensions)
- Investigated the changes we need in core to get these done (thankfully it is all specific mailnews code).
- bug 440794 Send In Background
- Did a phase 1 patch for reworking the send later notifications and subsequent display on activity manager.
- Next step: build on the phase 1 patch to include retry support for failed sends/copies.
- newsgroup + blog post on palmsync
- Holiday at the end of this week
- updating search patches
- Reviews and driving
- Did some testing with asuth's gloda patches
- Don't create special folders for hidden accounts, bug 492641
- Fixed regression displaying msg count changes in the folder pane, bug 492951
- Fixed hang in UpdateCacheAndviewforPrevSearchedFolders, bug 489993
- Made imap autosync close db if status says there are no new messages, helps with memory bloat and file handle usage bug 470221
- Added gmail xlist support for discovering "special" folders, bug 476260
- Added gmail-specific archive action bug 475852
- Added imap server attribute to tell if a server is a GMail server
- Fixed smart folders with localized builds, bug 490747
- Worked on filling out security review template for autoconfig
- Did some thinking about implementing IMAP autosync time/space limits.
- Worked with a contributor on adding IMAP COMPRESS support bug 401673
- Work more with Andrew on gloda reviews/patches
- Schedule security review for autoconfig
- Work on b3 blockers
- Investigate IMAP autosync time/space limits.
- Buildbot server upgraded to 0.7.10 in production/unittest/try
- L10n builds are now fixed
- Unittest buildbot now using CCUnitTestFactory (shared with Firefox/Seamonkey/etc)
- Buildbotcustom upgraded to tip in production/unittest/try
- Try server busted at the moment bug 493421
- Shark builds are back and stable
- All new hardware initial setup tasks are completed
- GPG signing for releases is ready
- work on outstanding blcoker
- work on autoconfig
- finallly diagnosed bug 458570 message drag is canceled by new message alerts (obnoxious)
- triaged Seamonkey mailnews bugs severity critical+major
- extended bugzilla editbugs privs to: 3 people
- updated qa watchers components and qa addresses
- polled palmsync extension testers regarding Thunderbird 3
- tracking/updating topcrashes
- general triage
- give names to wayne for buzilla rights
- Mainly been integrating latest TB sources into our Eudora/Penelope code, and having problems with the toolbar customization code which Penelope modifies quite substantially.
- Working on getting PR team on board.
- Coming up: Add-ons Meet up next week
- runtest.py landed - will continue working on it.
- daily triaging
- looking into in-litmus? request for resolved bugs
- readying for b3 testing
- Last week
- Account Central look&feel bug 489999
- archive icons for all platforms
- patches for UI b3ux blockers bug 488109, bug 488107
- Activity manager stuff bug 476695
- This week
- Folder view look&feel
- Finish Autoconfiguration layout work.
- Pinstripe and Qute fixes.
- will work more work on account central
- Next free time for coding is 23rd-31st May.
- Need to chase outstanding "New bugzilla components" requests.
- Still working on TNEF attachments (bug 77811).
rebron, beckley, kairo, davida, gozer, davidb, standard8, sid0, Asuth, Clarkwb, jenz, andreasn, IanN