Thunderbird Meeting Details :
- Who's taking minutes? --> Ludovic
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to davida for schedule changes/additions.
- Planning for a dry-run security firedrill build
- Fire drill itself expected to happen after code freeze
- Now in String freeze
- Branching completed
- Code Freeze for RC1: 2009-10-30 23:59 PST
- L10n deadline: 2009-11-02 23:59 PST
- RC1 builds start on: 2009-11-03
- Subsequent RCs as necessary.
- Proposed Blocking
- Proposed Blockers (all): 0 (-11)
- Fixed RC1
- TB 3.0rc1 - blocking: 116 (+16)
- Please set bugs to assigned status (as well as owner to you) if you want to do them.
- If you have other bugs assigned to you that you don't want to do, please reassign or discuss with drivers.
- If you see what look like theme/css issues, especially on Windows, please file a bug, with a screenshot, and the version of Windows you're running. Tag it with a "polish" keyword, and nominate it for blocking-tb3?.
- Held a regular bugday
- Daily triage seems to have gotten a few more people involved
- Regular bugday coming up this thursday
- Preparing for next week RC testing
- Might have a late Test day for the gloda correctness patch.
Topcrashes - 3.0b4 top 10 ("+" indicates change from last meeting):
|fixed 2009-10-04||bug 513315||@ nsScriptSecurityManager::GetCurrentJSContext()||1|
|fixed 2009-09-25||bug 480090||sending email after being in offline mode @ morkRowObject::CloseRowObject(morkEnv*) - @ nsMsgOfflineImapOperation::SetCopiesToDB - nsMsgOfflineImapOperation::Release||2|
|qawanted -all win7-||bug 522226||startup @ __delayLoadHelper2||3|
|+FIXED 2009-10-14||bug 505221||@ CountTotalMimeAttachments(MimeContainer*)||4|
|fixed by bug 513315?||bug 518671||@ nsXPConnect::GetRuntimeInstance()||5|
|idle, maybe multiple bugs||bug 482849||@ canonicalize while doing a nightly update||6|
|idle||bug 519962||startup nsPrefBranch::Observe(nsISupports*, char const*, unsigned short const*)||7|
|idle/needs triage||various: bug 523423, bug 514734, bug 495177||JS_CallTracer||8|
|+FIXED (we hope) by bug 505221||bug 513543||@MimeInlineTextHTML_parse_eof||9|
|needs triage||no bug filed||@ JS_dtobasestr||10|
- Raindrop Revealed
- New Linux buildslaves
- Including Linux/mozmill in staging
- SUMO DB Cluster
- L10n updates (complete & partial)
Done / Cleared
- clean up Account Wizard references (re (bug 433801
- cleaned up cruft for MCD (redirect https://developer.mozilla.org/en/MCD to big page; copy links; straighten out confusion between MCD and MDC)
- rework how-to portal page - difficult to navigate, need to indicate TODO items to encourage contributions
- new MDC / newsgroup tip: running shell script from extension; getting add-on metadata (also categorize page)
- activity manager (bug 257942, , )
- folders (bug 414038) (summarize current / ask Bienvenu for help)
- TB account for https://developer.mozilla.org/devnews/
- markers for TODO items on how-to portal pages
- Mission control / autoconfig: MDC
- activity manager (257942)
- msg headers (466025, 480623)
- new bug for debugging issues? (and close 420317?)
- TB usage of XUL elements, content-in-a-tab
- collapsed threads (bug 496244 454829) (DavidA)
- Top 5 GS Thunderbird 2 Support Topics (code in progress: http://gist.github.com/190923 ) basically the same as last week, no Anti-Virus this week. Confirmed with ss that the anti-virus false alarms are simply mistakes by the Vendors i.e. AVG and Trend Micro and not a problem with the Thunderbird 2 process (i.e. vendors were notified for 188.8.131.52 properly)
- Cannot receive email
- Cannot send email
- Windows 7 - it works well for some not so well for others
- address book (how to use, how to export contacts)
- email lost (fixed by compacting folders and deleting .msf)
- Thunderbird 3 Beta Top Support Issues (not many reported, starting to monitor to see what we can improve for post 3.0)
- Thunderbird 3 Beta 4 restarts after closing
- Windows 7
- SUMO for MoMo tracker ticket: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=520628, gozer spinning up staging instance for this morning (Tues), looks like we can get inexpensive MoMo-ized port of Fennec theme from Gary Cunningham-Lee
- Key Support stats from the following graphic:
- approximately 20 / day (143/7, basically same as l last week if we subtract the Raindrop topics)
- total new topics:143 total replies: 116 (Ruby Code)
- date:20091020 #new support topics:20 resolved: 11
- date:20091021 #new support topics:14 resolved: 6
- date:20091022 #new support topics:18 resolved: 11
- date:20091023 #new support topics:20 resolved: 22
- date:20091024 #new support topics:21 resolved: 4
- date:20091025 #new support topics:13 resolved: 3
- date:20091026 #new support topics:19 resolved: 7
- #replies from non MoMo folks: 1 from TMZ (thanks!) 18 from gyurrika (thanks and welcome!), 3 from Andrea (thanks!) MoMo folks: 2 from Philipp and 1 from Martin of Lightning (thanks!) 59 from Roland,19 from Ludo (thanks!) 1 from Mark Banner (thanks!), Bienvenu 9 (thanks!), 1 from Andrew Sutherland (thanks!)
- happiness metric: API doesn't have happiness emotitags, asked GS staff about that, code in progress: http://gist.github.com/190094, manual happiness metric = 109 - 59 = 50 (7 last week), 41 Hendrix messages (generally Hendrix messages are unhappy but this week we had 4 happy messages about Gloda! Thanks!) - bug to track down Hendrix for Thunderbird 3 and get rid of it as much as possible
- Reviews & Driving
- Fall-out from branching
- Setting up RC1 bugs etc
- bug 519192 Fix up context menu for gloda search results list tab - can't move, copy, tag, mark messages etc
- We now have crash stacks on bloat builds (Windows won't work till post-release).
- Further work on other blockers.
- Reviews and Driving
- Fixed crash doing forward/back navigation in gloda search results list view, bug 523343
- Fixed crash doing a quick search in a grouped single folder saved search, bug 524064
- Fixed crash in nsNntpCacheStreamListener::OnStartRequest, bug 130442
- When probing for secure auth capabilities on 2.0 -> 3.0 upgrade, don't trust gssapi, bug 522633
- Fixed detection of gmail trash so we won't create our own trash, bug 519797
- Make mac generate unique file names when dragging attachments from mail messages, bug 413848
- Did some testing and reviewing of the in-progress gloda delete patch.
- l10n updates
- staging buildbot
- New linux builders
- staging: mozmill
- SpreadThunderbird theme updates
- SUMO DB Cluster
- Nice if people could test nightlie-l10n updates
- crash triage. Filed 11 crashers, 4 of which are fixed:
- bug 522226 startup crash [@ __delayLoadHelper2]
- bug 522327 FIXED clicking Go Back in search results [@ nsMsgDBView::NavigateFromPos(int, unsigned int, unsigned int*, unsigned int*, unsigned int*, int)]
- bug 522561 replying to message that has attached eml [@ strlen | nsDateTimeFormatMac::FormatPRExplodedTime(nsILocale*, int, int, PRExplodedTime const*, nsAString_internal&)]
- bug 522575 opening attachment [@ nsCounterManager::AddCounterResetsAndIncrements(nsIFrame*)]
- bug 523114 FIXED reindex crash [@ nsImapMailFolder::ParseAdoptedMsgLine(char const*, unsigned int, int, nsIImapUrl*)]
- bug 523343 FIXED [faceted search] results list crash [@ nsMsgDBView::MarkThreadRead(nsIMsgThread*, unsigned int, nsTArray<unsigned int>&, int)]
- bug 523809 FIXED moving messages [@nsMsgDBView::GetThreadRootIndex(nsIMsgDBHdr*) ]
- bug 523811 navigating news articles [@ nsNNTPProtocol::DisplayArticle(nsIInputStream*, unsigned int)]
- bug 523815 [@ nsAccessible::QueryInterface(nsID const&, void**)]
- bug 524315 shutdown hang, high cpu, no open imap connections, no ldap connections
- bug 524462 startup crash [@ gfxWindowsFontGroup::WhichFontSupportsChar(nsTArray<nsRefPtr<FontEntry> > const&, unsigned int)]
- bug triage
- Last week
- Closed bug 522598, bug 491202, and bug 514850.
- Reviewed bug 489609, bug 518690, bug 518840, and bug 519110.
- Worked a bunch on bug 248681.
- Created the potentially-blocking bug 524246.
- Got write access to comm-central! Woot!
- Fix bug 521928 and bug 524246.
- Review some more bugs.
- See how far I can get on bug 248681.
- Continue to help students with ISPDB.
bienvenu bwinton standard8 andreasn roland jenzed gozer wsmwk beckley